Advent timing curves Ultra 150

Can someone help me out with this. I have Advent that has a custom set of timing curves loaded. I am running SBN 44's, D3 pipe, and Cut stock heads. Not sure of compression right now due to motor being rebuilt and torn down on work bench. I am guessing should be around 140-145 we done. What curve should I run or should I return this to be reprogrammed? I have attached the sheet that list all the curve sets. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like 56 would be good or 57 would work too.

Sorry I hadnt got back with you sooner Did you get to talk to kerry about this setup?

Thanks morris. No I have not had a chance to call Kerry yet to see if he can give me anymore info on this. Does anyone have the curve set for the factory pipe CDI? I would like to compare them with what advent has. I am sure factory pipe did not publish this like advent does.

+1
    Nobody has the factory pipe cdi curves unless your Kawasaki. Not even Factory pipe.

Not sure on those curves since they are for triple pipe but the FP cdi works with a single but I would start with the last one and test from there. I honesty would start with the stock if you havent ported it yet to get it running right then put the cdi in ... That way you know if the curves work. Dont throw a bunch of stuff together at once. Piece it together that way you get the most from each.

I got the carbs tuned in last season. I plan on breaking in the new top end with the OEM cdi and the pipe. Once that is done I want to try this advent and want to make sure I start with a safe curve set. Johny what did those cut heads of yours I have run with a fresh topend for psi? I think you told me but I forgot.

+1
    Hmm...I not totally sure but I think it was in between 135-140. not as high as the 42cc heads you would get from ada or R&D.

The pro's on it though is you can use stock head gaskets with them over and over. Verses orings you get maybe 2-3 times before they start to get questionable.

I have a set of R&D 42cc heads that use stock head gaskets.. Have not seen any other sets like them but those things are worth gold.

I just bought a Advent so I will be testing soon. I have some other things going but I will be posting again in early march with a new motor setup and getting ready for next season.

My advent though has all single pipe curves. Will know more when I get it.

Does anyone remember where the timing curves are at for the advent since I cant seem to find them??

http://www.adventignitions.com/timin...2.php?engine=5

I would say your rite johnny, it should run good with the stock ignition. I have even run the stock ignition on my tripples and it ran great. I was just stuck at 72.9 @ 7400 whether the tank was empty or full.

If your going to be doing much testing with the ignitions you might want to atleast temperarily move the ignition box up front. I did that on mine to make it easier to pop the box open and change curves or ignitions. I have some pics and what to do to move it in my project thread over on the other board.

I have to wonder about those curves saying they are pump gas safe with tripples. Take a look at who the designer was on those curves. According to group k their bb with tripples has to have race gas.

Thread Information