Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

gp1300r wave jumping set up

whats the best set up for wave jumping as i live in the uk we never get flat water its always chopy this is what i have on at the moment riva ride plate r&d intake grate and pump seal kit hull mods. engine riva flame arestor d plate and a 14 /20 solas ???? but could put the r&d heads and riva efi... also on protec extended nozzle .... what does every one think ???? and what sort of speeds could i get out of these mods??? i dont like moidering people im a newbie to mods as ive always been stock engine wise???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by markyyeah View Post
    whats the best set up for wave jumping as i live in the uk we never get flat water its always chopy this is what i have on at the moment riva ride plate r&d intake grate and pump seal kit hull mods. engine riva flame arestor d plate and a 14 /20 solas ???? but could put the r&d heads and riva efi... also on protec extended nozzle .... what does every one think ???? and what sort of speeds could i get out of these mods??? i dont like moidering people im a newbie to mods as ive always been stock engine wise???
    Well the type of water you ride in as you said and then you asked what type of speed gains you would see with the mods you listed is is a total guess! Is wavejumping all you do? Sounds like you ride in real rough surf? Check your pm....

yeah most of the time but we do get flat days

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Get rid of the Riva plate and/or put on extended trim tabs to start with

Moderated
    add a shred plate and single bar grate imho, hard ot beat for rough water.

I would have a shread master ride plate and a jetworks kit fitted

I would have a SuperJet for jumping and leave the couch for the flat days.

ok so ive got asingle bar intake r&d one whats wrong with the riva ride plate ? were would i get them mods from for the exhaust ???? and what are the prices would you leave the heads and riva efi off for this set up????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by markyyeah View Post
    ok so ive got asingle bar intake r&d one whats wrong with the riva ride plate ? were would i get them mods from for the exhaust ???? and what are the prices would you leave the heads and riva efi off for this set up????
    Not many single bar R&D's in the UK-Yuv,e probably got a double ( starts off as a single at the front and changes to 2 bars at the wing). Another cracking grate for rough water is the Worx one,, but over 70 mph it tends to overstuff the pump.
    Don't bother with the jetworks mod-it's really good from standstill to 3500 rpm, but after that it does nothing-You usually find that your cruising at about 15-20mph just on the plane, in the surf looking for a wave, and at that speed your over the 3500 rpm so the jetworks does nothing for you as it's alrady opened.
    You have got to decide if you want speed or holeshot, and tell us what year your ski is (different years have different size exit nozzles for a start)
    For the waves-I would go:Seal the pump shoe, and make sure it's at the right height,3 degree timing key, efi controller, gut the stock airbox, freeflow,stock (oem) rideplate,D-plate, Worx intake grate,extended trim tabs, 87mm exit nozzle, cut oem heads, and a skat swirl prop and leo's holeshot kit. You probably find that doing the d-plate and airbox, the ski will stumble or hesitate a bit,s so you will need the efi controller to add a bit more fuel in the mid range.You can run stock oil injection with that, and I just add a cupfull of oil into the fuel tank on every fill up as well, just for peace of mind-ill take a look tonight at how many ml's that is-i did measure it at the beginning to be precise, but now there's a mark on the cup that I just fill to-we usually go thro about 40 litrs of fuel per trip.
    You could also fit Pro-Tec's turbo tube-it was developed for the 1200r's but works great on the 1300's as well-dosent do anything top end, but gives a bit more punch low down and lightens the ski by about 20lbs. Remember if you do this, you don't need a d-plate, as it does away with that part of the exhaust.
    That setup would prob get you to 68mph or so. Riva's rideplate will give you a few more, but because of it's greater angle, it makes the nose of the ski sit higher, and it will beat you up in the rough. Saying that-I run the riva plate cause I like it better in good clean waves, as you want the nose up, but the 2 mile journey on rough water to the waves is tough!
    Last edited by Mongoose; 01-28-2010 at 06:22 AM. Reason: spelling!

this is what its got on now r&d single bar intake grate riva ride plate pump seal kit protec extended nozzle and a solas 14/20 impeller . as for engine mods riva efi riva flame erestor the one that goes on end of stock box d plate and also got r&d heads not on yet thou its a 2006 model efi i want a bit of both really speed and bottom end punch i dont know if thats possible but i should get good speed off these mods it ran 67.4 on gps stock ..... so what do you think???? mongoose

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information