Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    driveumhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Copral, FL
    Posts
    1,475
    +1
    4

    Sharks in Palm beach co.

    TWC reports hundred of sharks off Singer Island in Palm beach county. I believe sharks migrate through these waters every year at this time, is that correct? Are these a threat to humans?
    Last edited by driveumhard; 01-28-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: sp


  2. #2
    spelling police HAZE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    846
    +1
    3
    There have been a few attacks in one particular summer a few years back. They also hang around the daytona beach area. Makes me glad I'm further south, but they could easily come down to Miami. The last Shark week listed Florida as #1 in deadliest waters. I've also heard of sharks attacking people in the Ft. Myers area, weird, but all the victims were on Blue Sea-doo GTX's. Imagine that.

  3. #3
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    They should go through in June / July / August, the buffet has more on it then, but I believe they do this every year at this time.

  4. #4
    driveumhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Copral, FL
    Posts
    1,475
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZE View Post
    There have been a few attacks in one particular summer a few years back. They also hang around the daytona beach area. Makes me glad I'm further south, but they could easily come down to Miami. The last Shark week listed Florida as #1 in deadliest waters. I've also heard of sharks attacking people in the Ft. Myers area, weird, but all the victims were on Blue Sea-doo GTX's. Imagine that.

    For sale- 2007 Blue GTX Ltd. Cheap!!! Bite marks on hull.
    Last edited by driveumhard; 01-28-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: sp

  5. #5
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    For sale- 2007 Blue GTX Ltd. Cheap!!! Bite marks on hull.
    LOL

  6. #6
    Treemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    3,316
    +1
    634
    Actullay they attack the YAMATEES there so slow and on the rag from it.

  7. #7
    The bull shark is your friend. They like it when you rub their bellies.

  8. #8
    smbstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    Actullay they attack the YAMATEES there so slow and on the rag from it.
    i heard they go for the sea-doos b/c theyre always dead in the water.

  9. #9
    Treemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    3,316
    +1
    634
    I was dead on it last time I rode. No flies landing on this doo

  10. #10
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    +1
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    TWC reports hundred of sharks off Singer Island in Palm beach county. I believe sharks migrate through these waters every year at this time, is that correct? Are these a threat to humans?
    Yep, it's a migration that happens every winter. It's mostly non-agressive spinner & reef sharks, but there's some hammerheads & bulls mixed in too. BTW, it's more like thousands than hundreds. Check ou the video here:
    http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story...ASvFNT3EA.cspx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS 96 XP/97 SPX in West Palm Beach FL
    By Crazy685 in forum Sea Doo 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 12:28 AM
  2. Fishing in West Palm Beach
    By fluidchaos in forum PWC Fishing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
  3. Lakes in West palm beach area
    By linden in forum Southeast
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 04:03 PM
  4. Be Careful in Palm Beach, FL
    By spdracr in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 09:15 PM
  5. Anyone riding in the palm beach area saturday?
    By jack in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •