Battery Charging Question

We obviously don't ride everyday here, so my battery is drained. I took it to advanced and they are charging it for me as we speak. What Battery Charger do you guys use/recommend i buy to safely keep my battery charging in my garage while the ski is not in use. I've heard horror stories of stuff getting burned or what not. Thanks for your help.

P.S. Twelves - I don't like the RED SOX !!!!

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
    We obviously don't ride everyday here, so my battery is drained. I took it to advanced and they are charging it for me as we speak. What Battery Charger do you guys use/recommend i buy to safely keep my battery charging in my garage while the ski is not in use. I've heard horror stories of stuff getting burned or what not. Thanks for your help.

P.S. Twelves - I don't like the RED SOX !!!!
    I pull mine out and put battery on a shelf, throw charger on it about every 2/3/4 weeks then disconnect. I never liked the idea of an unattended charger , even a trickle charger that "automatically" lowers voltage??????
    My stock battery on my 06 RXP is still going strong 4 years, following the above regiment.

Would you plug in a hair dryer and leave it alone, I wouldn't do a charger either. And actually the battery does need to leak down a little bit and not be at full state of charge at all times. Jusy my 2c worth

+1
    I got a couple cool little battery tenders from china freight (harbor freight). They were on sale and I think I got them for $5.00 each. I've had them hooked up since October with no issues. I do have them in my garage and walk past them a couple times a day, so I know that they haven't bubbled over yet.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    I pull mine out and put battery on a shelf, throw charger on it about every 2/3/4 weeks then disconnect. I never liked the idea of an unattended charger , even a trickle charger that "automatically" lowers voltage??????
    My stock battery on my 06 RXP is still going strong 4 years, following the above regiment.

Would you plug in a hair dryer and leave it alone, I wouldn't do a charger either. And actually the battery does need to leak down a little bit and not be at full state of charge at all times. Jusy my 2c worth

++++1 I do the same thing and have a 3 year old battery with no issues.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I do like Pirates and Jonny only because I have an old motorcycle battery charger that I use. No need to buy another but from what I understand the battery tenders do an excellent job and they are worry free. The better ones test the battery, allow it to drain slightly then top the battery off before shutting themselves off.

i had one from harbour freight and it ruined my battery -- so after buying a new battery i bought a deltran battery tender from e-bay -- it does a great job -- and i also got lucky enough to do a job replacing a large gen. at a apt. complex that had a large deltran tender on the old unit and they said i could have it -- it handles 3 of my deep cycle trolling motor batterys for my boat

Still OEM battery in my 07 RXP, I use a CTEK XS800.

Plug and leave.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Genuine BatteryTender, CTEK, BatteryMinder brands are all well made, and work as they should.

They are battery maintainers, not just chargers.

They can be left connected for long periods of time, and will maintain the correct charge level for maximum battery life.

Cheap knock-off imitation brand battery chargers are risky. Sometimes they work OK (but never great), and sometimes they can cause you and your battery grief. Not worth the risk, when a decent one costs so little.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Genuine BatteryTender, CTEK, BatteryMinder brands are all well made, and work as they should.

They are battery maintainers, not just chargers.

They can be left connected for long periods of time, and will maintain the correct charge level for maximum battery life.

Cheap knock-off imitation brand battery chargers are risky. Sometimes they work OK (but never great), and sometimes they can cause you and your battery grief. Not worth the risk, when a decent one costs so little.

+1
    I use that same one. Deltran battery tender junior. The quick disconnect plug is very nice. I leave it plugged in all the time.

Thread Information