Towing with GP760

Hi everybody!

First of all this is an awesome forum. Anything you need to know is pretty much here. It's great for info on the older ski's which is hard to come across.

I ride a 97 GP760 that is pretty much stock. It has a Pro-tec intake grate, KN flame arrestors & UMI racing steering. We bought it like this a few years ago & it only had 20 hours on it.

I have a couple of questions..

1. do the carbs in the attachment look standard? I'm thinkin about overhaulin them...

2. Would this eye at the back of the ski be suitable for towing my 18kg 5 yr old on a tube? We don't need 3 seaters for towing here in Queensland. I've done a search on the forum for info on towing points but couldn't find much.

Thanks in advance
    Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1290743.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	169995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1290742.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	169996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1290670.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	170000  

the tow hook is for that use ..

the carbs look o/e with the addition of the f/a adapters and primers...these are SBN type (square body) and not BN (round) Make sure you speciy SBN and buy the genuine Mikuni kits, not the after markets!!

IMT, you may want to buy a tow sling with a float this will HELP keep the rope out of the pump and tie into your two rear eyelets..
    (the eyelet mounting will lower the PULL angle and keep the nose down a bit) I'd buy nice metal eyelets for those rather than the plastic o/e's

Also remember to carry a knife to cut the rope in-case it gets sucked in...(I saw two last year get towed)

Mate, thanks for your quick reply. Very Helpful.

Ya, the knife would come in handy. I see tons of people here sucking in the tow rope here during the summer. I've bailed my fair share of riders with a ball of rope around the driveshaft. Never fun.

Where's a goo place to pick up some of the metal eyelets your talking about!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w/rpm500 View Post
    the tow hook is for that use ..

the carbs look o/e with the addition of the f/a adapters and primers...these are SBN type (square body) and not BN (round) Make sure you speciy SBN and buy the genuine Mikuni kits, not the after markets!!

IMT, you may want to buy a tow sling with a float this will HELP keep the rope out of the pump and tie into your two rear eyelets..
    (the eyelet mounting will lower the PULL angle and keep the nose down a bit) I'd buy nice metal eyelets for those rather than the plastic o/e's

Also remember to carry a knife to cut the rope in-case it gets sucked in...(I saw two last year get towed)

ebay is your friend for these..... the o/e plastic's may work fine for a few years with out to much trouble as long as the loads are fairly light...

most cataloge places for ski parts can get them...p/m me if you cant find them .. ill send you some links

Thread Information