General maintenance for my 2006 RXP 215.

Have a couple questions,

I just bought a 2006 RXP 215 with 44hrs on it and would like to know what type of things should I be looking for regarding maintenance. The guy I bought it from said not to use full snythetic oil something about the supercharger?? Could somone be kind enough and tell me the do's and donts when it comes to this Sea Doo.

I come from a motocross back ground so I'am not to fimailair with these.

Thanks guys
    Scott.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Welcome, "i don't know anything about jet skis" but 44 hours is not bad at all. You need to go to how to section. You spend 2-3 days learning. No synthetic oil for sure, just use what seadoo sells or amsoil. Get super charger washers changed by GH or someone qualified so you don't worry about tearing up your engine. I have got 300 hours on my 06 RXP

Hey thanks buddy. 300hrs?! No major issues? Good to hear it's still running!

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Hey thanks buddy. 300hrs?! No major issues? Good to hear it's still running!
    "I don't know anything about jet skis" I said in 2006 when I became a member, but some members take quotes out of context without dates or the full statement.......darn we have politics on GH?

Change oil often
    change washers in S/C
    run it hard, but change oil often
    you can get 75+ without internal mods
    Change wear ring or go stainless

these engines can go 100's of hours

+1
    Have a couple questions,

I just bought a 2006 RXP 215 with 44hrs on it and would like to know what type of things should I be looking for regarding maintenance. The guy I bought it from said not to use full snythetic oil something about the supercharger?? Could somone be kind enough and tell me the do's and donts when it comes to this Sea Doo.

I come from a motocross back ground so I'am not to fimailair with these.

Thanks guys
    Scott.
    Are you riding in salt water? If so i assume you are aware you need to flush out the cooling system after you ride.. Also you might find the engine gets quite covered in salt, pretty important to wash this off as soon as possible after you ride.. And dont be a cheap skate with the Inox or equivilant, or the salt will corrode very quickly.. Of course none of this is a problem if you ride in fresh water.
    Regarding the Fully synthetic oil issue, there are many threads covering what oils can and cant be used in these ski's, fully syn are okay aslong as they are JASO MA/MA2 rated, personally i use AMSOIL as do many others on the forum.. As Pirates said, change the oil often, I believe the book says every 100 hours, i would do it atleast twice as often as that.

Superchargers are the big maintainance issues with these ski's, Full rebuilds are required every 100 hours to prevent bearing/washer failure, and as your ski is pre 2008 it would have stock ceramic s/c washers which is not a good thing Use the search function as these issues have been covered many times in different threads.
    Welcome to the forum, Hope you enjoy the ski

+1
    Have a couple questions,

The guy I bought it from said not to use full snythetic oil something about the supercharger??
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    No synthetic oil for sure,
    Welcome To Greenhulk Scott!!!! You CAN use Synthetic oil, BUT you have to change out your SCer clutch washers from the OEM ceramics to the Riva metal clutches..Also you need to make sure the oil is JASO rated..You can find this on the back of the bottle..

As far as maintance, Being the ski is used i would change out the wear ring and change the oil,Have the Scer checked out and have the clutches replaced with the Rivas.Lube the throttle body and flush the cooling sytem..Do a once over make sure eveything is tight and you should be ggod to go for the season..

Hey thanks for all the help guys much appreicated!

Couple questions,
    Snoman you mentioned I should replace the SCer washers to the rivas what exactly does Riva stand for? Also where is the wear ring located and what exactly does it do? Are the washers/clutches the same thing?

Can I run full snythetic with the stock setup or are you telling me not to untill I have changed out the SCer washers/clutches to metal Rivas.? I will make sure the oil is JASO rated.

As for the throttle body what do you recomend I should use?

Thanks a lot guys!!

+1
    Riva is a brand that makes many different products for our skis, the clutch washers being one of their products.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=381

Here is the info on getting the washers changed out:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

You shouldn't run the ski at all without changing those washers, it's a ticking time bomb. Get it done ASAP. See below.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

Oil info:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ghlight=amsoil

This might also be helpful to you:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ghlight=amsoil

+1
    Hey thanks for all the help guys much appreicated!

Couple questions,
    Snoman you mentioned I should replace the SCer washers to the rivas what exactly does Riva stand for?

Riva is a manufacturer of aftermarket performance parts for watercraft

Also where is the wear ring located and what exactly does it do?

The wear ring is located in the jet pump housing.It is used to provide a bearier or lining between the prop and pump housing..The OEM ones are made of plastic and will eventually wear out causing a performance issue

Are the washers/clutches the same thing?
    What we are refering to,Yes they are the same thing....

Can I run full snythetic with the stock setup or are you telling me not to untill I have changed out the SCer washers/clutches to metal Rivas.?

Correct, you cannot run synthetic oil until you have replaced the ceramic OEM clutches to the Riva metal clutchs

I will make sure the oil is JASO rated.

As for the throttle body what do you recomend I should use?

Sea-doo lube or any good synthetic lubricating oil works fine..a squirt or two every couple of weeks is more than enough..

Thanks a lot guys!!

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Summer I just stuck with the OEM oil since day one, and now they sell a Seadoo oil that is a semi-synthetic that is compatible with the ceramic washers. I ran up to 200 hours with the OEM S/C set up, but I was under warranty for 4 years, if you have no warranty then do not chance it. Change out the ceramic washers for metal.

Thread Information