Reed assemblies - rubber pieces

Is this rubber piece on the bottom of the reed cage necessary? My 900 didn't have them, but the SLTX I'm working on now does.

Polaris lists them as obsolete/no longer available.

If they are needed, is the orientation show in the image correct - with it on the bottom of the cage?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reed.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	170243  

+1
    They are indeed oriented correctly... to the bottom. They are there to prevent fuel "puddling". The newer ones have a small hole drilled through back into the cranckcase. If yours doesn't have those holes, then the rubber pieces are needed.... to the bottom.

+1
    On the pro carankcases, they have that dent in the bottom and a hole drilled in the middle of the case to drain drips correct?

Off note... Bgaidan.... Did you realize that between You and I we have 10 jetskis! 94sl.95slt.2000 pro,2000slx.lol too funny! Were corning the market! lol I think lugs has 9 and 4 hulls. he's got us beat! Jkindts catching up. He needs a Cane and a Pro still! And we dont have any of the same skis either.

+1
    i have a set from a 96 sl900 i parted if you want them pm me and i'll ship them to you

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    On the pro carankcases, they have that dent in the bottom and a hole drilled in the middle of the case to drain drips correct?

Off note... Bgaidan.... Did you realize that between You and I we have 10 jetskis! 94sl.95slt.2000 pro,2000slx.lol too funny! Were corning the market! lol I think lugs has 9 and 4 hulls. he's got us beat! Jkindts catching up. He needs a Cane and a Pro still! And we dont have any of the same skis either.
    Yeah. It's getting a little out of hand.

I had the 900 originally and then bought the SLH on a whim.

Then last summer picked up the SLTX for $500 with a bad crank and bad jug and piston.

Then I found the 'cane and paid $900 for it with the trailer. And who hasn't always wanted a cane?

And then last weekend I went and picked up the 1050 and 750 with a single and double trailer for $1400. The 1050 has great compression and just needs a ignition update (which I had already scored on ebay several months ago) and the 750 had a hole in the PTO piston so it most likely needs a piston and maybe a jug. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix and I can sell it at the beginning of the summer. And I'll probably ditch the 900 this summer too. Whew....

Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    i have a set from a 96 sl900 i parted if you want them pm me and i'll ship them to you
    Thanks....I think I'm good. I have everything from the SLTX, I just wasn't sure what their purpose was or how they were oriented.

Although my 900 never had them since I've owned it....not sure if I should be worried about that or not.

Thread Information