Thread: X Games 14

X Games 14

Anyone else been watching them? My boy Shaun White got his 3-peat Snowmobiling was sick too. It amazes me what this guys will do in these sports. Here is a little video of Shaun on a practice run practicing his new trick - 1260 double cork I believe - but he failed, miserably lol. He did nail it in his first run to win gold though

Oh btw - the sound is messed up, I dont know why

Watched mostly snowmobiles... thats about it...

Same here. Snocross starts Sundaymorning at like 10:30 or 11, but won't air until afternoon. Final is at 1:30. Tucker Hibbert will probably dominate again. That Speedwerx built sled of his rips. When you put both machine and rider of that high of caliber together you get one hell of a show.

+1
    I can relate to the sleds whats the one where they race up the mountain with the unlimited sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Same here. Snocross starts Sundaymorning at like 10:30 or 11, but won't air until afternoon. Final is at 1:30. Tucker Hibbert will probably dominate again. That Speedwerx built sled of his rips. When you put both machine and rider of that high of caliber together you get one hell of a show.
    Heat 1 qualifying for him. Almost blew it on the start, but has a 14sec lead after 8 laps. He'll win his 5th gold, 4th in a row today in the final.

Yep, 4th in a row. I have yet to see anyone as smooth on a snocross course as him. Very talented rider!

Margins of victory for each gold:

• 2007 - 16 seconds
    • 2008 - 16 seconds
    • 2009 - 36 seconds
    • 2010 - 48 seconds

+1
    Question for you sled guys.
    Just watching all the action this weekend and wondering which manufacture has the best sled and why.
    THey dont talk much at all on what brand each is riding, you pretty much just have to watch on your own.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Just watching all the action this weekend and wondering which manufacture has the best sled and why.
    THey dont talk much at all on what brand each is riding, you pretty much just have to watch on your own.

Thanks
    Personal preference and depends on riding style and what you plan on doing with the sled. You a moutain rider, off trail deep powder, groomed trail, ditch banger??? All depends. One thing I will say for the sled companies is they are making the sleds smaller, lighter, and more powerful unlike the PWC manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post

Thanks
    The three main sleds I saw at the X games were Ski-Doo, Polaris, and Arctic Cats. I think I saw one yamaha during freestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    The three main sleds I saw at the X games were Ski-Doo, Polaris, and Arctic Cats. I think I saw one yamaha during freestyle.
    You saw the Yami in the snocross adaptive. A guy with paralysis was on it. Great job to those guys BTW. Amazing what theyre doing!!! You see those 3 manufacturers because they have the largest aftermarket and factory support when it comes to snocross. And the Yamis are just too heavy. I dont see them being competitive in snocross unless 2 strokes are banned. All those 2 stroke sleds weighed around 450lbs, the Yami probably close to 550lbs. On a 10 or 20 lap race with all those rhythm sections and jumps that's a lot of weight to be throwing around and trying to control.

Thread Information