Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need advice - upgrade from 215 to 255 setup?

My warranty is up in July. Rather than drop $1,300 to $1,800 for another 3 or 4 years of extended warranty, I am leaning toward upgrading the washers to metal.

It is going to cost me $600 with labor to have the SC rebuilt kit installed.

What would be involved to upgrading to the 255hp setup?

I think I need the upgraded impeller, larger intercooler, bigger injectors, upgraded valvetrain, riva ECU.

Please tell me that is not true. The ECU alone is a grand. Sheesh.

is there another way to go that is ultra-reliable? This is most likely the only modding I will do.

Don't just lean towards metal, jump ASAP. You've got options:

(1) Check the "Supercharger Rebuild" link to the left. It's next to nothing to send your SC to Jerry, the owner of this site, and you will find no one else with the knowledge and knowhow he has after thousands of rebuilds.

(2) I'm fairly certain, you could actually install the "X" supercharger that comes with the 255 on to yours with no other modifications and run just fine. You won't be producing 255hp, but it will run stronger. The stock intercooler is constrictive enough to allow this. I'd bet there are a couple of skis out there running this setup, so you could search those threads. I remember at least one running a Rude charger with the stock IC. At most, you could possibly compliment it with some 42lb injectors. You could keep the same prop and repitch a degree or two.

(3) To get a true 255hp machine, you'd need the "X" SC, one of the XS ICs, and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (42lb injectors not enough). You would need/want a need impeller too (probably 14/19, unless you run in really cold water, where you could almost push a 15/20). Although the valvetrain is required with the ECU, neither is required to emulate the 255 machine.

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Don't just lean towards metal, jump ASAP. You've got options:

(1) Check the "Supercharger Rebuild" link to the left. It's next to nothing to send your SC to Jerry, the owner of this site, and you will find no one else with the knowledge and knowhow he has after thousands of rebuilds.

(2) I'm fairly certain, you could actually install the "X" supercharger that comes with the 255 on to yours with no other modifications and run just fine. You won't be producing 255hp, but it will run stronger. The stock intercooler is constrictive enough to allow this. I'd bet there are a couple of skis out there running this setup, so you could search those threads. I remember at least one running a Rude charger with the stock IC. At most, you could possibly compliment it with some 42lb injectors. You could keep the same prop and repitch a degree or two.

(3) To get a true 255hp machine, you'd need the "X" SC, one of the XS ICs, and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (42lb injectors not enough). You would need/want a need impeller too (probably 14/19, unless you run in really cold water, where you could almost push a 15/20). Although the valvetrain is required with the ECU, neither is required to emulate the 255 machine.

Thanks for the info. I have the SS wear ring and 13/19 solas (only mods)

So the upgraded SC, Intercooler and which injectors...50lb?

Good news that riva ECU not required and valvetrain upgrade not required. The Riva site shows that if you run the 50 lb injectors...you need the RIVA ecu.

Yes, you need the ECU to control the 50lb injectors, but you don't need the 50lb injectors.

If you went with just the SC, it's possible you could get away with just the OEM 38lb injectors, but would probably be more ideal with some 42s. That's it, nothing more to do, but maybe tune/repitch your prop a bit (depending on your current WOT RPMs).

If you went with both the supercharger and external intercooler, you could stick with the OEM injectors, but you would have to use a RRFPR (rising rate fuel pressure regulator). As in my case, using the RRFRP, if you went if a larger supercharger than the "X", only then would you have to move up to the 42lb injectors.

+1
    You need 42's if you go with an X Charger with stock cooler.

This is so confusing...I just posted this in another thread hoping for help. Sorry I am being dense, I just don't seems to get it.

###########

On a stock 215 hp 07...

If I install the Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Impeller & Housing along an 08 spec supercharger rebuild kit...the description of the Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Impeller & Housing says this:

TUNING REQUIREMENTS: Fuel: Installation of this RIVA Performance Product requires the use of RIVA Pro-Series 50lb Fuel Injector Kit (part# RS12050-I-KIT-50). Failure to install this part will result in engine damage. Pump: Impeller & Reduction Nozzle combination must produce 8,000 peak RPM with stock ECU or 8,400 peak RPM with RIVA Pro-Series ECU.

So...I need to install the RIVA Pro-Series 50lb Fuel Injector Kit. No problem, I get that. But on the Riva site the 50 lb injector description says:

Our high performance 50lb per hour fuel injectors supply modified Sea•Doo engines with the necessary amount of fuel to produce reliable horsepower. Must be used with RIVA Racing ECU for correct calibration.

So instead of $679.95 for the charger and $ 319.95 for the injectors...I need to spend another $999 for the Riva ECU?

Can someone please confirm?

Assuming I DON'T need the Riva ECU, Other than re-pitching the prop (I have a 13/18 Solas and SS wear ring), what else do I need to do?

I am guessing a 4" intake would be very smart. Is the Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Housing a 3" opening or a 4" opening? in other words, do I need the R& D 4" Supercharger Adapter to install a true 4" intake?

It seems no matter how many searches I run...I end up with more questions then answers. Any help is great. Thanks.

VX1 already gave you some good advice but here is what I would do if I were you.

Install a 14/19 impeller, X-charger and 42# injectors. If you are not well over 50 mph with substantially better acceleration I would be very surprised. I did not go with the after market intercooler due to all the extra fueling requirements and they seem to develop leaks a lot. This gets rid of the ceramic clutches that WILL destroy your engine and adds a nice bit of jam.

DONT EVEN START YOUR BOAT AGAIN UNTIL THE CERAMIC CLUTCHES ARE OUTA THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Forget about what Riva says.

Your getting information overload I think also the Riva "X charger upgrade" does not upgrade your 215 charger to an X charger, it upgrades an already X charger to a "super X charger" in a sense . Which is why that is talking about 50# injectors, etc...

Its like this...
    215hp SC = 127mm Impeller wheel = ~6psi boost
    255hp SC = 137mm impeller wheel = ~10psi boost
    Riva X Pro Series impeller and housing replaces the OEM X supercharger impeller and housing to an even bigger one that makes ~13psi boost.

Hope this helps clear things up a little for you.

Stick with what VX1 told you, he knows what he's talking about for the most part

Oh, and P.S. a 4" intake (even though the supercharger itself only has a 3" intake opening) will greatly improve the effeciency of even a stock supercharger. And is one of the most cost effective mods you can do to your Boat!

Nevermind - I got it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information