Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SHO/FZR Stock Fuel Pressure Regulator

I'm looking for a Yamaha part for my Kawi. Cant buy it alone and didn't know if you guys use them or not.

On the Kawasaki we often change out the fuel pump with a HP and install a R&D part that substitute the Regulator with a block off. In the pic the top item is the one I'm after from the Yamaha. One below it is the R&D one we use as substitution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC110173.JPG 
Views:	244 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	170442

This part is with in several others parts.

Name:	jhkgjhg.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	170443

Looking for this part and the PSI of the fuel system on the FZR. Also looking for the CC/lbs ratings of stock injectors.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post

Looking for this part and the PSI of the fuel system on the FZR. Also looking for the CC/lbs ratings of stock injectors.
    You could PM SHObiz for this info. He might also have teh stock regulator for ya. Not sure though.

Nothing? Tough crowd....

+1
    I don't know the answer. I believe the stock FP is like 43 or 50. MoTeC Pete would know.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Stock fuel pressure is 49.1-52.6 psi.....per the manual. Not sure about the stock injectors..

looks like the KAWADs need lol...good luck

Always that few that cant help themselves...
    I'm not too proud or ignorant to come ask for help on my projects. We don't ignorantly brand divide here. Alot of Kawi parts on FZR's and Yama parts on Kawi's, shoot I even have SD pumps that we run. No green bucket on my head.

Anyways, Bill from R&D called and we had a long talk about regulators and injectors. 5 minutes talking with him and you remember just how little you actually know, I must have scribbled three pages of notes.

What I know is that the Kawi is running 43psi static yet unsure if Yama is running 50+psi to the rail and is it static. Still looking to find OEM spec of a Yamaha injector too as it helps me understand better the ability of these Green Bosch injectors.

Something like this.. Injector #2 & #3 are OEM from a 2008 & 2009 Ultra

What I have found out with Kawi stock injectors is that they get extremely hot if ran in 90% or higher duty cycle with the MoteC. This high temp has resulted in several data logged lean spots in turns or heavy mid range loads. I tried with no success to add more injector timing in these spots. If I let it cool then the AFR is fine but after several turns or on a race coarse the lean comes back and I suspect it is due to the injector not able to operate properly when so hot. You notice the knock from #1 blue rising when Duty is over 90%

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	770.6 KB 
ID:	170830

I was hoping that by dropping the Yama pressure relief valve into the Kawi pump assembly that the extra PSI will turn my 465cc at 43lbs injector into a 525cc at 50lbs or even a 546cc at 52lbs. If Bill's calculations are right and Im sure they are, then this will drop the over all trim by 18% - 20% putting me back into a sweet spot in Injector Duty Cycle.

What Bill and I have concluded is that I need to just add a external regulator. Still I'm looking for one of those regulators off the SHO/FZR for testing.

+1
    Interesting info

Just to further confuse things another idea would be to simply install a larger injector

I don't yet fully understand the pros and cons between the 2 alternatives - there are a couple threads in Motec forum where this is being discussed

One advantage of using the larger injector would be a much simpler fuel hose regulator set-up - simpler is better

+1
    You're right about the heat affecting the injectors:

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/phy99472.htm

Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    Interesting info

Just to further confuse things another idea would be to simply install a larger injector

I don't yet fully understand the pros and cons between the 2 alternatives - there are a couple threads in Motec forum where this is being discussed

One advantage of using the larger injector would be a much simpler fuel hose regulator set-up - simpler is better
    Ah, that would be too easy.
    Stock class your allowed to change fuel pressure but not injectors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information