Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

extended warranty question

Can any of you guys direct me with info to a dealer that could give me a good deal on an extended 4 year warranty on my 08 Ultra 250x. I have until May to find a decent cost, so far the best local was 950 bucks and I know they got to be less than that somewhere. Any dealer can sell me one that sells watercraft. I check ebay every day but none for watercraft only, bikes and atv's. thanks for any help guys. Mike

+1
    Check with these guys.

[email protected]

[email protected]

+1
    hit up bucks county kawi

Got a good price

Finally found one for 619.00, 4 years Kawasaki Good Times Protection. kawi was sending me offers via mail for 1278.00 ! No Joke. Got it for half of that. I figure 150 bucks a year for piece of mind is well worth it plus if I decide to sell the ski a year or two from now it will give someone piece of mind that thye will be covered if something major broke. It would me if I was buying used.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawmike View Post
    Finally found one for 619.00, 4 years Kawasaki Good Times Protection. kawi was sending me offers via mail for 1278.00 ! No Joke. Got it for half of that. I figure 150 bucks a year for piece of mind is well worth it plus if I decide to sell the ski a year or two from now it will give someone piece of mind that thye will be covered if something major broke. It would me if I was buying used.
    So where did you buy it from?

Got it from my local dealer where I bought the ski. They have a new business manager and I checked around, was given a cost of the same out of a shop out of state so I printed off his quote, took it in to my dealer and he matched the cost. I would rather spend my money local but if I had to, I was going outside the area. He never batted an eye on the price so I know he still made money, I am sure of it and in todays economy I would think a dollar made no mater how much is better than nothing. I would be willing to bet they have maybe 500.00 on dealer cost, maybe even less.

By the way, I was quoted the following prices for this 48 month Kawasaki Warranty:

1278.00 kawasaki letter mailed to me
    1078.00 local dealer when I bought the ski new last may
    904.00 anderson sc dealer
    826.00 tennessee dealer
    619.00 texas dealer
    619.00 my local dealer in seneca sc

+1
    Got it from my local dealer where I bought the ski. They have a new business manager and I checked around, was given a cost of the same out of a shop out of state so I printed off his quote, took it in to my dealer and he matched the cost. I would rather spend my money local but if I had to, I was going outside the area. He never batted an eye on the price so I know he still made money, I am sure of it and in todays economy I would think a dollar made no mater how much is better than nothing. I would be willing to bet they have maybe 500.00 on dealer cost, maybe even less.

By the way, I was quoted the following prices for this 48 month Kawasaki Warranty:

826.00 tennessee dealer
    619.00 texas dealer
    That's great! I basically did the same. Got the $1278 or whatever mailing a few months ago from Kawi.
    Was offered about $850 when I bought it last Spring at my dealer. Just emailed him and asked if what he could do as I've seen it for $620. Came back immediately at $645. I would have paid up to $700 as they've treated me very well. Just gave him my cc#, he faxed over the paperwork, and put me in their system. As you stated it's nice to keep it local and give the bus. to someone you know and might deal with in the future.
    My dealer also does all my service. I did the pansy thing of buying a service contract but IMHO a good deal as I don't have the resources to work on it.

And btw, I saw your SC location and photo and thought maybe Lake Murray but you're upstate it appears. Bet the water up there is even nicer.
    I lived in Columbia years ago and kept a boat on Lake Murray--the good ol' days...

+1

826.00 tennessee dealer
    619.00 texas dealer
    What do you guy's get for your money?
    In OZ I can't even get an extended warranty at all.
    My local dealer just decided to start offering one because people have been asking.
    But here's the catch for $695.00 AU for 1 x year only we can get a warranty only if we service through him' and the warranty only covers -
    Engine up to $1000.00
    Electrics up to $500.00
    Cooling up to $500.00.
    Sounds like it cover's jack shit.
    What's the fine print on you warranty?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    What do you guy's get for your money?
    In OZ I can't even get an extended warranty at all.
    My local dealer just decided to start offering one because people have been asking.
    But here's the catch for $695.00 AU for 1 x year only we can get a warranty only if we service through him' and the warranty only covers -
    Engine up to $1000.00
    Electrics up to $500.00
    Cooling up to $500.00.
    Sounds like it cover's jack shit.
    What's the fine print on you warranty?
    It's an extension of the factory warranty so pretty much everything. I don't think there is a limit and have read here of people getting new engines and more which is what $3,000 plus.

Just as DMK said, extension of factory warranty. It does not cover belts, plugs or basiclly normal wear items. All you have to do is follow your factory owners manual on service, in other words do it yourself on stuff you know you can do and document it. I made up a spread sheet of service task and just date it, save my receipts for oil and plugs to show I used OEM items and I am doing what a dealer would do. If I lose a super charger, engine, etc they (Kawasaki) will either repair or replace for the next 4 years after the original warranty runs out. Mine runs out in May of 2010 so I am covered thru May of 2014. As for you guys in AUS, I would think your dealer is ripping you off, I would call Kawasaki and ask why you guys can't have the same extended policy as the US. I would think they would step up if called out on that one, JMHO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information