Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MILF -Most Interesting Little Female Rxpx-Milf's Avatar

Question T-Bolt questions

I ordered 2 2.5" t bolt clamps from silicone intake and I got them. I tried installing them today on the supercharger hose but either the size I got is wrong or I missing something.

They are extremely hard to put on and even after I finally got it on it popped off at 8100 rpm's (less than 5 minutes in the water).

I was thinking that maybe I should have gotten 2 3/4". I read a few threads and everyone seems to be saying the 2.5".

They don't have a size listed on the clamp (unless the number I see are the size in mm). Any ideas or suggestions?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    The ones that I use are considered 2.88"

Ok. They aren't popping off right?

One last thing. Am I missing something cause I only see 2.75 and then 3 and nothing in between.. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxpx-Milf View Post
    Ok. They aren't popping off right?
    No

+1
    One last thing. Am I missing something cause I only see 2.75 and then 3 and nothing in between.. Thanks
    They may not have anything in between, but they are available. The 2.75" they have should work just fine.

+1
    Here's a chart that explains the sizes, and their range of adjustment.

http://www.discounthydraulichose.com...amps_p/tbc.htm

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    those are fine but they arnt all stainless steel ..i got some and the bands were ss but the bolt wernt and couldnt get a couple of them off.after a year in the ski....had to cut them ....take a magnet and if the magnet sticks it isnt stainless...west marine has all ss ones they are expensive but ..last forever..

Sounds like you fell foul of my mistake.

I ordered clamps from the same place, and their measuring methodology is different to how I normally size them.

I am left with quite a few ones with no way to use them.

I then went and bought the kit of "Many" from them, and this was a bargain... it had all the sizes in there.

Look for the "Way to size the clamps" on the web-site.

+1
    I ordered 2 2.5" t bolt clamps from silicone intake and I got them. I tried installing them today on the supercharger hose but either the size I got is wrong or I missing something.

They are extremely hard to put on and even after I finally got it on it popped off at 8100 rpm's (less than 5 minutes in the water).

I was thinking that maybe I should have gotten 2 3/4". I read a few threads and everyone seems to be saying the 2.5".

They don't have a size listed on the clamp (unless the number I see are the size in mm). Any ideas or suggestions?
    The 2.5" t-bolts clamps from Silicone Intakes are the right size for the sc-i/c-tb hoses. They are hard to get on the first time thats no joke. If the hose and clamp are not placed just right especially at the SCer, it will blow off. But once its on its on. Never blown a hose off, yet. Is it the hose at the S/C that is coming off? Thats the hardest one to get position just right. Also you need to clean the I/D of the hoses and the outside S/C, I/C and TB before put the hoses back on. I use brake cleaner and a paper towel. Silicone Intakes sizes their clamps base on O/D of the tubing, not the O/D of the hose. Also on their website they give the opening and closing range of the clamp. If you are doing the exhaust, you need to use the 4.5" from SI or find one a little smaller. The 4" doesn't work because the hose is extra thick and it is impossible to use the 4" clamp. The S/I clamps appear to be 100% SS to me. No rust after a 1.5 years, but I don't ride in saltwater. I have seen other clamps rust even after freshwater use and those guys switched to S/I clamps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information