Blown Clutch *$#^&%

I just had to have my clutch replaced. I had 160 hrs on my Sho Cruiser of which about 40 hours were used with a C1 wheel and about another 30 hrs were used with a 16psi wheel and Motec. The first 90 hours were stock. When riding with the C1 and 16psi wheels I always had a BOV. It cost me 850 bucks to replace everything. Anyone else have clutch problems with their Shos.

Quote Originally Posted by tsho View Post
    I just had to have my clutch replaced. I had 160 hrs on my Sho Cruiser of which about 40 hours were used with a C1 wheel and about another 30 hrs were used with a 16psi wheel and Motec. The first 90 hours were stock. When riding with the C1 and 16psi wheels I always had a BOV. It cost me 850 bucks to replace everything. Anyone else have clutch problems with their Shos.

160 hours on a PWC is quiet respectable considering the vast majority of skis may never see 50 hours in 5 years or more.

The clutch is about $80. Make it a total of $250 for a gasket and even the wrench and such. The rest was labor. I have had the parts in the garage for over a year. It is not a hard job to do.

I have beat the shit out of mine (not on a pond) and if it blew now I would not have a problem with it happening or replacing it.

My dealer replaced mine twice. first time no bov second time I had a bov on it. the dealer messed it up somehow and it went out shortly after they did it each time. I finally broke down and did it myself still good 80hrs later. I dont know what they did wrong. It isnt hard just there are a couple of walkthroughs on here. I did one and one of the cayman guys did another.

Here is my fix link CLICK

Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    My dealer replaced mine twice. first time no bov second time I had a bov on it. the dealer messed it up somehow and it went out shortly after they did it each time. I finally broke down and did it myself still good 80hrs later. I dont know what they did wrong. It isnt hard just there are a couple of walkthroughs on here. I did one and one of the cayman guys did another.

Here is my fix link CLICK

I didnít take mine into the dealer because they said it would be three weeks before I got it back and also Iím not sure the extended warranty would have covered it because of all the mods (Stage III). I had a local mechanic replace it.

+1
    What BOV were you running?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    What BOV were you running?
    hks

Quote Originally Posted by tsho View Post
    hks
    Version III?

Thread Information