Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

resealed pump and....

So I redid my pump shoe making sure it was perfect dropped her in the water and gained no speed my ski ran high 68's at 7130 had one 69.9 (down river) put my friend who is 80lbs lighter and he was only able to run 69.8. EFI is set at 5-5-2-8 if I turned doen the red pot I would loose rpms and if I turned it up It had little to no affect. Plugs looked perfect. I am running my 800 grate and have removed the cone from the impeller. I cleaned up the grate and pump shoe so that it was smooth path for the water. Compression is good but still can not out accelerate my friends 04 that has stock reeds and heads! And he is pulling 71. Is it possible I am getting blow by on the rings? any other ideas?Im about to sink this thing!!

Im in the same boat as you!!!!!!!!! I say we have a group sinking!

Bronc- would you consider sinking your ski in the shallow water of Lake Keowee in SC? I could use some spare parts.

+1
    Bet mine will hit bottom first!! wait a minute my ski cant win any race! you will beat me to the bottom!

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd
    So I redid my pump shoe making sure it was perfect dropped her in the water and gained no speed my ski ran high 68's at 7130 had one 69.9 (down river) put my friend who is 80lbs lighter and he was only able to run 69.8. EFI is set at 5-5-2-8 if I turned doen the red pot I would loose rpms and if I turned it up It had little to no affect. Plugs looked perfect. I am running my 800 grate and have removed the cone from the impeller. I cleaned up the grate and pump shoe so that it was smooth path for the water. Compression is good but still can not out accelerate my friends 04 that has stock reeds and heads! And he is pulling 71. Is it possible I am getting blow by on the rings? any other ideas?Im about to sink this thing!!
    What do you removed the cone from the impeller? I wouldn't think you'd have blow by if your compression was good. Let's get together this coming weekend (If you're free and we'll see if a new set of eye's can see something...)

+1
    Sounds good scott!

sink it?

R33pwrd,
    I am really surprised at all of these speed differences. I got my 05 (new in May)
    and put on my 1200 IR ride plate (LOTS OF GRINDING), added, the dynafly impellor, D plate, 1200 grate (Hops, wing cut verison) and a Riva Power filter, and after a LOT of tweaking the ride plate and steping the sponsons, I hit 71.4 last weekend with 2 bars of fuel, very smooth water, no humidity and 78 degrees. Base brand new was 66.6. only thing left is a EFI controller and I think i can hit 73..... . I'll do the heads over the winter and hope to hit 75.
    maybe you ride is haunted?

+1
    last year it ran a 68.8 with angled plate and 800 grate only! added all these parts and gained nothing other than a gas gussler! Something is wrong and hopefully someone can help me figure it out (scott....) I just wonder if something was put together wrong?? but with the rpms I have and the prop I have I should be faster!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd
    nothing other than a gas gussler!
    Your Last setting on the efi controller is kinda off but i may be wrong. Each EFI control maybe somewhat different. What i mean is the Mid to High fuel crossover setting is kind of high. (?8?) This maybe your gas problem.

Here look at what happend to this 06 gp1300r.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11577

So be carefull tuning your EFI controller.!!!

Read over this stuff too it'll help out.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8489

+1
    I will look at the last setting but either way that would not make me so slow on top! thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information