fuel range of NA LX comp to 260 LX

I assume a 260 lX has same range as the Ultra as they are the same but how does it compare to the N/A LX I am going to end up owning both and want to do some poker runs with one, just wondering the range?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSRacing View Post
    I assume a 260 lX has same range as the Ultra as they are the same but how does it compare to the N/A LX I am going to end up owning both and want to do some poker runs with one, just wondering the range?

My LX completely stock was getting over 5 MPG. So as far as range, it really depends how much your pickup is able to get out of your tank. If you are really concerned with range install the Deep fuel pickup. I have not checked my capacity with the pickup yet. I know I can run over 80 miles WOT when she was stock. Did it several times. I honestly do not remember the exact numbers of how many miles compared to how many gallons. Sorry. I do remember I was on the low fuel beeper BUT I still had gas. My beeper used to come on with 7 gallons left. That could be different on your ski.

2007 250x, group river ride used 28 gallons on 92 miles via gps with alot of wot. I was able to get 19.5 gallons out of the stock tank before the engine died.

I Have a 2009 260lx. I have already put on 107 hours. Great ski however just blew bearing which in turn blew jet pump and prop shaft. All covered by warranty. That just another story.

Fuel consumption on 95 RON average 720ml per km
    on 98 RON average 680ml per km

I get about 120km out of it.

Don't waste your time with a fuel pick up as i have gotten 75litres out of 78litres. Didn't run out but must have been close.

+1
    it will hold 80lt from bone dry to the top of the filler neck

Good info, sounds like the LX is a little better than the 250 but not by much. Sure beats the hell out of my STXR that starts to run out after 35 or 40. WOW!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSRacing View Post
    Good info, sounds like the LX is a little better than the 250 but not by much. Sure beats the hell out of my STXR that starts to run out after 35 or 40. WOW!!!
    If trying to keep up with the 250 or the other brand s/c models you will burn close to the 250 but still less. This is because they are actually not into the boost when they are burning the extra. On the cruising days averaging around 40 to 45 is where you will really appreciate the difference. Now that is if they are running easily so you can keep up. If they are running as hard as you would on the LX they would burn alot more. I guess what I am trying to say is. If you are riding with other s/c skis regularly and want the extra speed as a backup go with the s/c. if you want the extra range from riding more recreationally go with the LX. All in how hard you are on the throttle.

Thread Information