Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: trying an ic

  1. #1
    primorxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    415
    +1
    11

    trying an ic

    I am going to try a 12" x 12" x 4.5" ic it has a 3" inlet and a 3" outlet 3/4" water lines. It does not have a third spot for water line for exhaust cooling but im guessing i can pull from a nother sourse. what do you all think. can do the mod for about $325 with all parts. also looking for oem block off of ic.

    thanks


  2. #2
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    green hulk store sells the block offs..they are tapped for guages ect...they work well... 100 for ebay intercooler bracker 225 you will still need tubes and couplers

  3. #3
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by primorxp View Post
    I am going to try a 12" x 12" x 4.5" ic it has a 3" inlet and a 3" outlet 3/4" water lines. It does not have a third spot for water line for exhaust cooling but im guessing i can pull from a nother sourse. what do you all think. can do the mod for about $325 with all parts. also looking for oem block off of ic.

    thanks
    The IC outlet feeds your exhaust manifold!

  4. #4
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    +1
    116
    Buy the fizzle kit cause with the bolck off your at about $400, not much more then your spending now and you get a nice custom bracket ... i built mine pluse did my own bracket for about $300. Found the cooler on ebay for about $50. It was alot of work to build the mount with only a vise and jigsaw

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    3,048
    +1
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    It was alot of work to build the mount with only a vise and jigsaw
    haha that sounds like my tool selection when i started!!

  6. #6
    idoodou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    cincy,ohio
    Posts
    765
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    Buy the fizzle kit cause with the bolck off your at about $400, not much more then your spending now and you get a nice custom bracket ... i built mine pluse did my own bracket for about $300. Found the cooler on ebay for about $50. It was alot of work to build the mount with only a vise and jigsaw
    i thought that all you need to work on a jetski is a vise and jigsaw

  7. #7
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    Buy the fizzle kit cause with the bolck off your at about $400, not much more then your spending now and you get a nice custom bracket ... i built mine pluse did my own bracket for about $300. Found the cooler on ebay for about $50. It was alot of work to build the mount with only a vise and jigsaw
    +1..James kit comes with everything you will need to install the IC except for the headaches of fabing and making your own brackets and pipes..

  8. #8
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    +1
    116
    OK i also had a BFH but still was a pain. All my tools are at my work and just no time in the day to fab stuff while im there but it still turned out good.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How effective is an IC in 85 degree water
    By Helinut in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 07:54 AM
  2. My attempt at an IC install...
    By jtskier11 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 02:26 PM
  3. Anbody try an 84mm pump nozzle on a Superjet?
    By LT1GMC in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 05:52 AM
  4. Can You run an IC ski without the IC?
    By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 05:04 PM
  5. removing the stock IC for an aftermarket IC
    By tchies in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •