Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

TBM Racing Fuel Cell

Product: TBM Fuel Cell
    Model: FZR & FZS
    Capacity: 6.8 U.S. Gallons or 25.74 liters (estimated capacity of final production tanks)
    Dry Weight: 9 lbs.
    Final Price: $450 USD
    Notes: You will not be billed until your order ships.

Summary
    TBM Racing is happy to deliver to the market the first extended fuel cell for the Yamaha FZR and FZS. The fuel cell was designed a few core concepts: (1) Provide the recreational rider & endurance racer at least 6 gallons of additional capacity and (2) remove/install in less than 60 seconds. This fuel cell accomplishes both goals. The current fuel capacity for a Yamaha FZ is 18.5 gallons. A stock Yamaha burns 21.4 Gallons per Hour (GPH). The tested GPS speeds at TBM Racing for a stock Yamaha was 68.3 MPH, which makes a fuel range at wide open throttle (WOT) of 59 miles. For an average riding effort we were able to get approximately 80 miles at the most from one tank of gas when out rec riding. For the recreation rider, that is not a long time to enjoy your PWC. And for the Endurance Racer, it is not enough fuel to finish a normal endurance race of 60 miles. With an additional 6.8 gallons, you now have a 37% increase in fuel capacity, which puts the rec rider to approximately 110 miles to the tank. This puts you on par with many 4-Stroke non-supercharged PWC’s on the market today. For the endurance racer, it is a no brainer. If you’re running additional modifications you can burn up to 30 GPH with a Stage 3 FZR /FZS. If you’re burning that type of fuel, you will need more capacity. And TBM has your solution.

In addition, the TBM Fuel Cell is located directly over the pump, which will give you better hook-up and balance to your FZR/FZS. The TBM Fuel Cell draws down the fuel first, then draws from the main tank. This means, your fuel gauge will give you an accurate assessment as to how far you have to go until empty. When you want to remove the tank, you unscrew 4 bolts and unhook the male-female lines to the tank & plug them into each other and you’re off.

Click to Enlarge

Last edited by Carlos Thomas; 04-09-2010 at 11:04 AM.

+1
    Wow , that's a nice looking peice of gear ....will this unit suit SHO or will there be one made for it coming

Lets get the SHO unit going!

+1
    Which fuel line is the tank being connected to?

Have you looked to see if this will fit in a GPR if the battery box and sound supression are both removed?

What are the physical dimensions of the cell?

+1
    TBM sure does get top marks for providing innovative products

+1
    I REALLY like that tank!

Had to buy it.
    Last edited by 5001craig; 02-03-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added the had to buy it part.

+1
    How much to ship that beautiful thing?

....to Hermosa Beach, Calif

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 08SHOC View Post
    Wow , that's a nice looking peice of gear ....will this unit suit SHO or will there be one made for it coming
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Lets get the SHO unit going!
    Currently the Extended Fuel Cell is only for the FZR & FZS. There are other custom shops that will design and sell you a tank for the SHO. If there is a lot of demand, I am sure TBM might look into potentially providing a SHO tank.

Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    Which fuel line is the tank being connected to?

Have you looked to see if this will fit in a GPR if the battery box and sound supression are both removed?

What are the physical dimensions of the cell?
    1) The only connection is from the feed line on the fuel cell to the vent line on the main tank.
    2) TBM has not looked to see if this would fit into a modified GPR.
    3) TBM does not want to give away the exact measurements of the tank. It was designed to fit the FZR & FZS. It fits like a glove. Look at the rear storage bin. It basically is that design, but extended to allow for 6.8 gallons. I believe the storage bin is a little over 2.1 or 2.4 gallons. I cannot remember off the top of my head. It is stated in the manual. Hopefully that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    How much to ship that beautiful thing?
    Shipping is always depending on location, but it will not be very much as it's a reasonable sized package and is approximately 10 lbs. shipped. I am not sure if the Greenhulk store reflects the proper shipping amounts yet. Especially for those outside of the US. Jerry?

Would it be possible to steer me in the direction of these custom shops? I am pretty sure no one is close to doing this in Australia but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information