Thread: Is suspension?

Is suspension?

Hi i haven't understood if the is 260 with suspension is possible if someon wants to hold suspension in one position. Is it possible?

Thank you

You can set the mean point of the oscillation but you cannot turn the suspension off and hold it in one position

Tnx

Banned User
    +1
    Thats true, you can however hold it in 'dock mode' which it is at its lowest point, pretty much on the bump stops (rubber feet that stop it going further) --- But it still moves very slightly.

But the new as is ot hydraulically or mecchanically or eletrically tunable? Like the is model
    Or not? Sorry but i do not weel understood..

Banned User
    +1
    I haven't seen any of the aS models here in Australia yet, the way I understand it you can still set the ride height up and down but there is no computer controlled 'automatic' setting (This is why they call it intelligent) and you can adjust the the dampening of the shock from the glove box and 'lock it' to your desired amount of dampening.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I saw an aS last weekend and there are no suspension buttons on it, so it looks like there is no way to adjust height. Not even sure there is a dock mode on it as the machine was in the up position at the show, but no one seemed to know if it would go down at idle or neutral. The pre-load is easily adjusted, but there are no guidelines for any settings. ie...weight of rider. The reservoir was easily adjustable for stiffness. Turn the little blue knob to the right, ski firms up, to the left and it softens. I pressed down on the deck and there was a big difference. It has no cruise control/slow mode or boarding ladder either. I didn't have a camera with me that day, so no pics, but my dealer has one and I'll be by there this week. I'll take some pics and take a look at the owner's manual. I really wanted to try to go this route, but the numbers don't make sense this year.

The "height" ie spring preload is adjustable. If you lift the seat up, there will be an access hole in the stainless plate under the seat. You need a half inch drive ratchet with an extension. Place the ratchet extension in the hole, and it will engage with the adjuster nut in the suspension. Turn it clock wise with the ratchet and the pre-load is increased, turn it counter clock wise and the pre-load is decreased.

Hope this helps

Banned User
    +1
    Nice!

Thread Information