+1

Super charging a 155 N/A 4tech??

So here's the deal i purchased my 06 seadoo GTX new in 07 i've almost got a 100 hours on it and was thinking about selling it and picking up a RXP SC. But im more of a build it than buy it kinda guy. i have turbo'd honda's and acura's for the past 4-5 years and i understand what should be done to the 155 engine before boosting it. EX.(at least switching pistons to lower the comp.)
    My question is has anyone put a SC or turbo'd a N/A 155 with out swaping pistons? and if so what else would need to be swapped? injectors? Ecu is a must. but what else???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    So here's the deal i purchased my 06 seadoo GTX new in 07 i've almost got a 100 hours on it and was thinking about selling it and picking up a RXP SC. But im more of a build it than buy it kinda guy. i have turbo'd honda's and acura's for the past 4-5 years and i understand what should be done to the 155 engine before boosting it. EX.(at least switching pistons to lower the comp.)
    My question is has anyone put a SC or turbo'd a N/A 155 with out swaping pistons? and if so what else would need to be swapped? injectors? Ecu is a must. but what else???
    Unless your labor and parts are free, you are better off, financially, by selling the 155 engine and buying the 215 or 255 engine + whatever other additions (ECU, fpr, etc).

Have you made a list of parts needed and calculated the cost?

welcome to the board.

re your question.....I don't believe it's worth the time or effort...but that's just me.

+1
    Ok, so if i wanted to just pull the 155 and throw in a 215/255 what all would need changed? engine, impeller, Ecu, injectors, intake system, ect...is the spline count the same on the N/A engine vs the SC engine?

I ain't got all the answers to your build question..but it seems to me...if you want to wrench on a ski...lose that 155 and platform.....buy a gpr hull and build a conversion from scratch...or...buy a px or an S3T...and mod it.

I think you'd be happier in either event.

I don't have the technical answers your looking for, but do a search. This topic has come up lots of times before and I know some threads contain some of the information you are looking for. I believe the general thought has been to start with a supercharged intercooled (SCIC) engine due to the cost and amount of labor needed to work with the 155 engine.

If your going to just dump in a 215/255 engine, maybe look for a crashed ski/stolen recovery that way you will already have all/most of the parts you need and can sell/trash the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsRXT View Post
    do a search. This topic has come up lots of times before .

Each time it comes down to three simple words: Dont do it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Unless your labor and parts are free, you are better off, financially, by selling the 155 engine and buying the 215 or 255 engine + whatever other additions (ECU, fpr, etc).

Have you made a list of parts needed and calculated the cost?
    +1

Jp speaks from experience

Thread Information