16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstation

5 31.25%
  • X-Box

11 68.75%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Playstation or X-Box

I'm going to break down and get one. Which one is better for gaming? Never mind Blu-Ray

Sorry, i need to take my vote back if its for blu-ray, gaming I like xbox better, but xbox doesnt have blu-ray.

+1
    I prefer Xbox better games and more of them. If you want a blue-ray player your S.O.L. because Xbox doesnt have a hi-def dvd player. Tho it does up-convert standard 480 to 720, but no where near actual 720/1080.

+1
    i currently own both and its a real toss up for me. they both have there advantages and disadvantages. it seems to me that most people that have 360 play alot of FPS like Call Of Duty. not to say people on play station dont but playstation but its less focused on those types of games. i used to like the xbox market place but since they made the last change i now like playstations market place better to. not only that but you can only rent a movie on the xbox you can actually buy the movie on playstation. All in all its a real toss up and im sure you will be just as happy with either.

oh i have had my xbox for a little over 4 years and had my first failure before Christmas and they fixed it for free.

+1
    Hoover,
    Only the XBOX has HALO 3 and that settles it.

I have played a lot of games, but HALO is the gold standard.
    Jumping around with low gravity, driving vehicles, flying planes, sniper rifles, shotguns, needlers, swords, sticky grenades, rockets, lasers, it never ends.
    It's all about the online group experience. Just downloaded the latest Mythic Maps last night... three more great maps for only $12 bucks. Listen, I think if you can get a good group of regulars who like to play nightly, Halo 3 will deliver more play value than any other game on the market, period.

Just make sure you get an extended warranty from Best Buy on the hardware,
    after all it is a Microsoft product, and they have a lot of failures but the warranty always gets you a brand new machine.

MW2 > Halo3

+1
    xbox! my brother made the mistake of getting a ps3, i got him guitar hero 5, it's was dead on arrival.

If your going to be doing any online play you have to pay a subscription fee for Xbox live, PS3's online is free. Xbox has the red ring of death which is pretty much the end of your xbox, PS3 has nothing of the sort.

As for the Halo statements not trying to offend anyone but halo take's absolutely no skill and it's probably the easiest FPS to play. PS3 has Metal Gear Solid which story and game play wise is 100x better I had xbox but 3 red rings was enough, I got PS3 never looked back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    If your going to be doing any online play you have to pay a subscription fee for Xbox live, PS3's online is free.
    LOL, dude, we're taking $49.00 for an entire year,
    have a 1 hour garage sale and you're there.

Xbox has the red ring of death which is pretty much the end of your xbox, PS3 has nothing of the sort.
    I totally agree with you on this one, too many failures for sure.
    But what do you expect it's from Microsoft!
    The good news; the OEM warranty is three years for the red rings, no questions asked. How long is the OEM warranty on the Sony?

As for the Halo statements not trying to offend anyone but halo take's absolutely no skill and it's probably the easiest FPS to play.
    Uhhh, well now, that depends on who you are playing against. I have over 25,000 kills and I still run into Grade 4 Generals with 50 rankings who gut me like a fish out there. Now, is the interface easy? sure, it's the most natural feeling first person shooter ever made; and that's why the latest edition has sold over 8 million copies. According to Wiki, that's almost 3 times as many as PS3's top selling shooter, and twice as many as their top selling game.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ng_video_games

sorry to change the subject, but quick question about a FPS for PS3... anyone played Mag? How is it compared to MW2?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information