Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Impeller & Housing

On a stock 215 hp 07...

If I install the Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Impeller & Housing along an 08 spec supercharger rebuild kit...the description of the Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Impeller & Housing says this:

TUNING REQUIREMENTS: Fuel: Installation of this RIVA Performance Product requires the use of RIVA Pro-Series 50lb Fuel Injector Kit (part# RS12050-I-KIT-50). Failure to install this part will result in engine damage. Pump: Impeller & Reduction Nozzle combination must produce 8,000 peak RPM with stock ECU or 8,400 peak RPM with RIVA Pro-Series ECU.

So...I need to install the RIVA Pro-Series 50lb Fuel Injector Kit. No problem, I get that. But on the Riva site the 50 lb injector description says:

Our high performance 50lb per hour fuel injectors supply modified Sea•Doo engines with the necessary amount of fuel to produce reliable horsepower. Must be used with RIVA Racing ECU for correct calibration.

So instead of $679.95 for the charger and $ 319.95 for the injectors...I need to spend another $999 for the Riva ECU?

Can someone please confirm?

Assuming I DON'T need the Riva ECU, Other than re-pitching the prop (I have a 13/18 Solas and SS wear ring), what else do I need to do?

I am guessing a 4" intake would be very smart. Is the Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Housing a 3" opening or a 4" opening? in other words, do I need the R& D 4" Supercharger Adapter to install a true 4" intake?

It seems no matter how many searches I run...I end up with more questions then answers. Any help is great. Thanks.

+1
    do you already have an x charger? because the x-charger pro series is just an upgrade for an existing x charger.

Quote Originally Posted by jayohentran View Post
    do you already have an x charger? because the x-charger pro series is just an upgrade for an existing x charger.
    I have a 100% stock boat.

I have the boat at the dealer. He has ordered the rebuild kit for the supercharger. Since the rebuild kit for the 08 will work with pro series housing and impeller, I was hoping to drop ship the housing and impeller from Jerry to the dealer and have him do the upgrade.

Should I be thinking something else?

It seems the Riva gen 2 impeller drop-in only bumps me from 7.5 to 9 psi at 8,100 rpms. I figured another $230 or so would be worth taking it to 11 psi. Is there another route anyone can suggest that they think would be smarter/more economical?

Thanks again

+1
    well, the supercharger impeller size of the x chargers are different from the 215's. you'll have to get the back housing machined to fit the diameter of the x wheels...to 137mm

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-C180 View Post
    I have a 100% stock boat.

I have the boat at the dealer. He has ordered the rebuild kit for the supercharger. Since the rebuild kit for the 08 will work with pro series housing and impeller, I was hoping to drop ship the housing and impeller from Jerry to the dealer and have him do the upgrade.

Should I be thinking something else?

It seems the Riva gen 2 impeller drop-in only bumps me from 7.5 to 9 psi at 8,100 rpms. I figured another $230 or so would be worth taking it to 11 psi. Is there another route anyone can suggest that they think would be smarter/more economical?

Thanks again
    you cant use this x charger pro series upgrade if you do not have an x charger... if you only on a 215 model seadoo the charger wheel is alot smaller then the Xcharger.. ( someone correct me if im not but the a 215 charger is a 127mm and the x charger is a 137mm)

wait, I see, this:

Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Impeller & Housing - $679.95
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=996

is not just the x-charger minus the rebuild kit internals...it is another housing altogether.

This:

Sea Doo X Model Supercharger - $649.95
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=773

Is probably what I need.

Does anyone know the difference in boost between these two?

The dealer already has the 08 spec rebuild kit and it is only costing me $50 for the warranty deductible instead of $298.

Since I am able to get the combination of the Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Impeller & Housing and the rebuild kit for the same price as the x-model charger...any reason anyone can think of to not go that route? In other words, is the Pro-Series going to require the Riva ECU where the stock x-model charger will just need the 42lb injectors and stock ECU?

Sorry, like I said, this is not easy to figure out.

also, does anyone know what the air intake port measures on the standard x-model and the riva pro x-model...are they 3" or 4"?

Do I need this with either in order to run a true 4" intake?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=641

+1
    wait, I see, this:

is not just the x-charger minus the rebuild kit internals...it is another housing altogether.

This:

Is probably what I need.

The dealer already has the 08 spec rebuild kit and it is only costing me $50 for the warranty deductible instead of $298.

Since I am able to get the combination of the Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Impeller & Housing and the rebuild kit for the same price as the x-model charger...any reason anyone can think of to not go that route? In other words, is the Pro-Series going to require the Riva ECU where the stock x-model charger will just need the 42lb injectors and stock ECU?

Let's put it like this.

You have a stock 215 supercharger.

To get to the stage you want with the Riva X Pro series UPGRADE, you need to buy an X charger first.

So you need A) http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=773

Then B) http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=996

You can't just bolt on B (which is what you want) to your existing supercharger because the back housing won't fit.

Essentially you need A first to get to B.

+1
    you explained it better than i did.

wait, I see, this:

This:

Is probably what I need.

The Riva X-Charger Pro-Series Impeller & Housing is only the charger wheel and front housing..

and the
    Sea Doo X Model Supercharger, is a complete supercharger....

The rebuild kit does not includes the back housing...

The differences between an 08 215 charger and an 08 x charger is that the actually impeller wheel is different, Like i said the 215 is a 127mm and the X charger is a 137mm... Unless you machine the the back housing to the 215 charger you can not use the Riva X-Charger Pro-Series upgrade.

In other word.. the key part that you are missing is the Back Housing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information