Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

x charger and external intercooler with 46# injects

Hi,
    I remember reading a while back someone say that they were going to test to see if it was possible to run the x charger and external intercooler with 46# injectors.

Sorry I forgot who the member was that said that, but were you able to test it?

thanks. I kind of don't want to mess with a rrfpr if I don't have to

Banned User
    i use the x-charger with 42injectors and i had no problem

Quote Originally Posted by kiriazidis View Post
    i use the x-charger with 42injectors and i had no problem
    Are you running an external intercooler?? Cuz I know it's possible if u run an internal intercooler

I have the 42lb injectors with an external IC and seadoo X charger. Im still in my break-in period so I have minimal time on this set-up. But yea, its all working fine so far.

This is in lake mead at 59 degree water and cool air temps. Also, I was told at my elevation (about 2k feet) that i may never *NEED* an rrfpr. So far so good, but the winter boost spikes and the hot summer temps both concern me a tiny bit.
    I still have some investigating to do and probably get some gauges to keep an eye on things.

By the way, im GPS'ing 75.4mph so far with only 91 octane and about 3-4 bars of fuel

no I'm not running an external intercooler, still in the stages of exploring my options.

my ski is currently stock

yeah the problem is is that the elevation I ride in is close to sea level so I'll be seeing almost max factory rated boost.

+1
    The only true way to tune is to monitor AFR. Every set-up is different.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    The only true way to tune is to monitor AFR. Every set-up is different.
    +1..If your running an X-charger with an external ICer and 42s I would recommend running a RRFPR,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sumo500 View Post
    Hi,
    I remember reading a while back someone say that they were going to test to see if it was possible to run the x charger and external intercooler with 46# injectors.

Sorry I forgot who the member was that said that, but were you able to test it?

thanks. I kind of don't want to mess with a rrfpr if I don't have to
    I beleave it was (jonnyrxt) that was going to test it out in the spring once we get some nice weather. i would like to know about this to but like (beerdart) said every set up is different.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by sumo500 View Post
    Hi,
    This plan doesnt make a lot of sense to me. I dont know anything about 46# injectors, but im sure they would be too big for this setup (on a stock ecu- which im assuming is what youre running). I would think that its simply too much fuel, especially at idle..
    When 42s and an rrfpr are the proven setup, why experiment with anything else?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information