Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bung welder in FL? and more advice...

I live in Fort Pierce FL and I am hoping to find one of our resident bung-welding experts somewhere close by.

I read somewhere that speedskixp does these. Can anyone clue me in on what parts I need to buy...bung, which o2, etc? It would be cool if there was a writeup on removing the j-pipe...although...it looks pretty freaking simple.

After getting some great tech tips here in another thread, I am ordering up the following parts on Monday from Jerry (thanks again for the expert advice you guys volunteered ):

- Sea Doo X Model Supercharger
    - Fizzle 4" air intake kit
    - I also found the injectors I wanted (Ford Racing Bosch 42 pound Fuel Injectors M-9593-F302) and I will be ordering those as well.

Other than a 13/18 solas and a SS wear ring (thanks Jerry) I am 100% stock. However, since I have all the tools I need (I think) to work on the boat and I am convinced that I can get really good advice here, I am going to try and do all the upgrades myself.

If I was just installing the x-charger and the 42lb injectors, I would not be concerned about running too lean. After the advice I got here from you guys I am sold that I will not be running lean at WOT with this setup.

However, since I am going to upgrade the intake to a 4", I am concerned that if I run the boat in colder water/weather (like now), I may get too lean and BLOW IT UP!! I would reeeeeeeeeeeally like to avoid that.

I also want to make wure I am not running rich during idle and while cruising around.

Anyway, after some reading, it seems that I need to have a bung welded to j-pipe so that I can screw in an 02 sensor and attach something called an LM-2 , and then start up the boat and monitor the fuel-air to see the ratio. Not that I could DO ANYTHING about it...mind you.

I figure I should do this right and measure the fuel-air stock so I can see how lean/rich I am running in comparison.

Am I over-doing and over-thinking this? Or, am I pointed in the right direction?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Order a stainless steel bung from Dynotune or Innovate, and send the pipe over to Jim (speedskixp). He's in Venice, and does a nice job with these

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...9&cat=0&page=2

Here's a picture of one that Jim did...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2254.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	171575  

I have O2 bungs in stock. Drop me a PM if you need one and I may convince Tantrum to weld it in your J-Pipe. He's done several.

+1
    pm Breon he's in St.lucie

Quote Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
    I have O2 bungs in stock. Drop me a PM if you need one and I may convince Tantrum to weld it in your J-Pipe. He's done several.
    +1, Cal(highpsi) is the man for your tuning supplies(fuel controllers, injectors, custom tunes, custom machined aluminum parts) He's 1/2 of the St. Johns go fast shop/crew, When we ride it's usually 8 out of 9 boats are running 80+

+1
    Also looking to do this...Can the bung be welded while the J-pipe is on ski.

Pain in the butt to remove J-pipe and put it back on with Riva shorty box there...
    Some of you know what I mean....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Yaa View Post
    Also looking to do this...Can the bung be welded while the J-pipe is on ski.

Pain in the butt to remove J-pipe and put it back on with Riva shorty box there...
    Some of you know what I mean....
    No... you will need to pull the pipe. Once you have it off, you can chop a few inches off the end of the pipe to get it back in easier.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    pm Breon he's in St.lucie
    Breon can certainly do it. If he doesn't have the stainless O2 bung's let me know.

+1
    Also u can pull your exhaust manifold, and drill and tap it for the o2 sensor next to the top rear water fitting. Breon, and I have it on our setups

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Also u can pull your exhaust manifold, and drill and tap it for the o2 sensor next to the top rear water fitting. Breon, and I have it on our setups
    Just a little word of advice here... do not attempt to do this by hand! There is very little room there for error. A good mill along with someone that knows how to use it is required for this job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3282.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	171634  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information