Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ahh....where am I?
    +1

Lightbulb MYTHBUSTERS! Kind of, What would happen if...

Just wondering what would happen to a SeaDoo if at WOT 65+++ the handle bar was turned hard over to the left or right?

Not that it's a Myth, but I was thinking has someone tried rigging up servos and actuators on a machine and seeing what would happen.

I've always wanted to just lay down in the right foot well to lower my CG, WOT and then cut the handle bar hard right.

What would I think would happen...
    1.On Glass, I think it would first start to cut a turn, then because of the multiple forces involved, the ski would pop up and bounce, then at one point the outer edge will grab, and some kind of violent flipping would happen. One way trip to the morgue, and a blood alcohol test cause I'd have to be blitzed to even think it!

2. On wind driven 3" chop... the PWC 180, but not as smooth as a low speed 180. Probably would throw me even laying down in the foot well.

I bet it can be done via poor mans remote...use some ropes to cinch the throttle and another rope with some kind of slip knot, that will tighten but not loosen to initiate the hard turn. Then a 3rd longer rope to connect to the DESS allowing the machine to do it thing for a 100' then yank the DESS. Obviously there would be a boat shadowing the ski for the initial phase until the handle is turned.

I don't make enough money to try this on my 10K "toy"

I'm not sure what would happen, but I sure as hell aint trying. It hurts getting thrown off at 50. I can't imagine being hurled with the ski at full speed.

film it

I did it at 50 when I first got the ski and it threw me so far I did a back flip in the air. I would suggest a helmet.

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    I'll try it on my $14k toy! lol. and film it!

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    It sucks there is no myth behind it, they have all the right tools and know how to do it. Pretty much every aspect fo the "stunt" had been done before, makeing a remote control vehicle, Buster... But I'm sure there's no budget for it, even like an 04 RXP. And Even though they could promote SeaDoo, BRP I'm sure wouldn't want to donate a ski so they can show what could happen to ANY ski, not just theirs.

Well I know what will happen to you while going 50mph in heavy boat wake.

The ski will start to turn, get hit directly in the side with a wave and go airborne. The ski will then come back down and get hit directly in the side again with another wave. This time you will be thrown off doing a backflip and barral roll simultaneously. Ski will proceed to go airborne again, but in a goofy manner. The running board will give you a solid wack in the tailbone and make you do another flip and land about 50+feet from the ski. You will then go under water which will seem like 5min because of your adrenaline level. When you surface you will notice that you have quite the swim back to the ski. But then when you realize you aren't dead and the ski is upright and in one peice, you will feel pain. You will bounce in the waves for a minute waiting for the feeling to come back in your legs so you can swim. But then you realize this may take awhile. So you swim the 50+feet back to your ski using only your arms. When you get their you won't be able to board it because you still won't be able to move your legs. Wait one more minute, then you can get on. When you get on you won't be able to sit because of the pain in your tailbone. You then ride back to shore carefully because your back hurts like crazy.

When you get to shore you check for gashes and blood and broken bones. You find none. You thank your god, whomever he may be. Then you say to yourself "THAT WAS PHUCKING NUTS! WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?...wait...that was kinda sweet...haven't had that much of an adrenaline rush in awhile...kinda want to do it again...PHUCK THAT!...HAHA BUT IT WAS SWEET AND I SURVIVED! NOW IM GOING TO TELL EVERYONE ON GREENHULK'S FORUMS."

Then you do what I just did. Tell everyone your story and dare them to do it. But if you try what I did, don't get seriously hurt or killed. And it probably works better if you do it on accident.

May I add I was wearing no protective gear other than trunks to hold my nuts in place (however Im sure they were securly tucked away when I went airborne) and a PFD to make me float.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 09-06-2006 at 11:49 AM.

Sounds like something for Jackass 3 not myth busters.

I tried at WOT. Ski just digs in like normal. But the rider, well I leaned and dug in as hard as I could, then still launched. You need to get your body weight below the ski some how to ride it out. I was rather far from my ride after that one.

+1
    I have been WOT on my GTI SE and turned hard left. The first time I did it I was going 55mph and it threw me off. I did it a second time at 55mph. Dug in hard held on like hell. As long as you get low enough and hold tight you should be fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information