Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SBT

SBT

Is SBT any good? I have been seeing mixed reviews on the web. I am going to need to get some motor parts for my 1 of my Monte carlo 1000's and they came up. Any other good places anyone can recommend

With SBT you are taking a chance. The sell the product at cheap as they can but cut all the corners to get there. What kinda parts are you looking for. You can check out denniskirk.com or atlanticjetsports.com

thank you again for your assistance. Not sure yet. I am going to get the one running(electrical issue). Then start on the second one. I think maybe a ring or bearing. Just did a quick look. It is on a 25 foot trailer and I had a hell of a time getting it in my buddys shop. He is going a bit crazy with his harley so while he does that I will be tearing into the ski. Making cradle for them tomorrow and then we r going to pull them off the trailer. 2 minor fixes on the shuttle craft. Didn't see any thing cracked on the engine. Only saw what I thought was a small piece of metal on one of the plugs. I really dont want to have to buy a whole motor. Jim has a machine shop so we will see. At least I have something to do until all this snow goes away

sounds like you got a fun project now. What kind of electical problems is the one ski having? You might want to check out www.jetskisolutions.com john there does great work on rebuilding your ebox or any electical parts. As for the ski that needs motor work I would say pull the motor out and tear everything apart. If you said your friend has a machine shop, depending on how the motor looks its more then likely going to be due for a top end rebuild. You could get a WSM top end kit for a decent price and also change the crank seals while you got the motor apart. You could also shave the head .020-030 or so to get a bit more compression and more bottom end power. It will require you to run premimum gas but will really help out with things like riding with two people or pulling tubes etc. This work along with checking out the carbs and you will have a powerful ski the starts up everytime come summer. Keep us posted on the project.

I will get some pictures and all that good stuff once I get into it. I build a cart and got the get ski that was attached to the shuttlecraft off yesterday. I found 2 minor things I have to do with the shuttle craft.(radio shot and drain for seating area is broken off. I am going to clean it, wax it, fix the drain ,and wrap it so I can get the trailer out of the shop. It is about 25 feet long so it takes up some space. Then make one more cradle and pull the other one off of the trailer and start the fun. I have a service manual and enough time that I don't have to rush. Thank you for the suggestions on the motor and alll the answers to my questions. I thing this is going to be a fun project

The guy I bought them off of said his local shop said it was a stator or a starter. I still have to do the testing on it.

So does the one turn over? If so I guess you must be talking about the stator.

It does turn over. I hope to get into it this weekend. It seemed there was some 2 cycle inside where the motor is. I was thinking maybe something came off in the iol injection. gonna have to see

+1

Tigershark motor

Quote Originally Posted by parrothead306 View Post
    Is SBT any good? I have been seeing mixed reviews on the web. I am going to need to get some motor parts for my 1 of my Monte carlo 1000's and they came up. Any other good places anyone can recommend
    I have used ShortBlocksRus.com for about 15 years in my shop for my customer Jobs and even my own stuff they do a Great job there Fast and motors run great.

Here is a link and If you call or email I think they have FREE RETURN SHIPPING That saves you 80-100.00 easy
    http://www.shortblocks-r-us.com/prod...&categoryId=10

Quote Originally Posted by parrothead306 View Post
    It does turn over. I hope to get into it this weekend. It seemed there was some 2 cycle inside where the motor is. I was thinking maybe something came off in the iol injection. gonna have to see
    If it turns over you must be talking about the stator then. If you have the manual there should be a test in there you can do to see if the stator checks out. A lot of times the wire windings will get weak after a while. Like I was saying before jet ski solutions can rebuild these if needed.
    As for the two stroke oil it could be leaking out of somewhere or maybe someone just spill a lot in the hull while trying to pour it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information