C180 owners with Groco, fizzle intake...can you post pics?

I am interested to see how you guys mounted your 4" intakes and intercooler strainers.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(I am posting the following in case another C180 owner is investigating which mods would give the best bang for the buck. My goal is not top speed, but rather improving hole shot for better results when wakeboarding, etc. I have a SS wear ring and 13/18 prop already installed.)

After a lot of advice from this forum, I have decided to go with:

Sea Doo X Model Supercharger - $649.95 (jerry)
    Ford Racing Bosch 42 pound Fuel Injectors M-9593-F302 - $149.95 (set of 4 on ebay)
    Fizzle 4" air intake kit - $189.00 (jerry)
    Groco Water Strainer Kit For Intercooler - $42.00 (jerry)
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 With Db Blue Gauge UEGO (comes with O2 sensor and bung) - $189.95 (ebay)

****I will update the parts list/cost above for reference after I hit Home Depot for any hoses, pvc, etc I end up needing for the various installations.

****Please note: If you are investigating mods for your STOCK C180, according to the experts here, you can run the X Model Supercharger and 42 lb injectors safely without worry about running lean at WOT and blowing up your engine. This seems to be the consensus among those who have real-world experience running this combination. If you run in COLD water...you may want to have an O2 sensor installed in your manifold or J-pipe and buy a fuel/air guage just to make sure your fuel/air is ok)

When the stainless steel bung for the O2 sensor mount comes in...another member here (breon) is going to weld the bung in the j-pipe for me.

I am debating on modding my waterbox while everything is out.

I would be interested in seeing some pictures as well.

I should have my boat in about to weeks.

Mods on the way!!!!!

Jim- Couple of notes on the wideband... don't use the bung or cap that comes with it; they are not SS, at least the last Innovate I had. Also, you can't just install the O2 sensor and keep it installed. If you want to test your AFR, put the sensor in, do a few runs, then take it out. Unfortunely, our water environment makes those sensors last only a matter of hours (and they're about $80 a piece).

Personally, with your planned setup, checking your AFR, while a great idea, is a bit overkill. It becomes more important with more drastic mods.

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Jim- Couple of notes on the wideband... don't use the bung or cap that comes with it; they are not SS, at least the last Innovate I had. Also, you can't just install the O2 sensor and keep it installed. If you want to test your AFR, put the sensor in, do a few runs, then take it out. Unfortunely, our water environment makes those sensors last only a matter of hours (and they're about $80 a piece).

Personally, with your planned setup, checking your AFR, while a great idea, is a bit overkill. It becomes more important with more drastic mods.
    Cool. Thanks for the tips. I am planning on running an external intercooler and thru-hull with an rrfpr for my next upgrades ("stage 2"). The LC-1 is a bit premature, but fell within my $1,500 budget for my chosen mods for "stage 1."

Thanks again for the tips. Much appreciated.

Thread Information