Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

fuel line replacement

today i will be replacing my temp brand fuel lines with new fuel line i picked up from fuellines.biz..

but before i get started i have a question.. the kenith carbs on my 1050 seem too not have the tempo lines on the carbs them self the lines are blackish.. do these need too be replaced or do i just replace the gray lines leading up too the carbs
    the bottom picture is the lines that are black too the carbs
    Attached Images Attached Images

+1
    here are some more pics of the lines too the carbs

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Why wouldn't you want new fuel lines everywhere?

Even if they are not gray Tempo fuel hoses, they are probably more than a few years old - correct?

+1
    you are right! i just dont want to mess any thing up they looked nestioewer so i didnt want to ruin anything.. they look like a pita too get too

+1
    what is this???

+1

i need some help on this

i just lost my self... does the line that vents need too be attached too the t peace or stright too the fuel rail where theres an opening.. im lost it just doesnt look right

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandi2 View Post
    what is this???
    That would be a one way vacuum relief check valve.

There is one that vents air INTO the fuel tank (vacuum relief) so that as the engine burns fuel, it allows air into the tank so there is no vacuum created in the tank. It connects to the fuel tank vent line, and the other nipple just hangs in the air inside the hull.

There should also be a second valve that vents excess air pressure OUT of the tank. That valve is connected between the vent fitting on the tank, and a hull fitting that vents the air+fuel fumes outside the hull. One nipple connects to the tank vent hose, the other to the outside hull fitting.

There should be a small arrow marked on the check valves. The pressure relief valve should allow air to flow one way when more than about 2 PSI is applied to the vale. In the other direction, it should block air flow.

Don't apply huge air pressures to the valve when testing, as it is just a tiny rubber disk in there doing the valve function.

The vacuum relief valve should open with even less pressure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandi2 View Post
    i just lost my self...

does the line that vents need too be attached too the tee piece or straight too the fuel rail where there's an opening.. im lost it just doesn't look right
    The vent hose runs from the VENT nipple on the tank up to a plastic tee (7052111 FITTING,TEE).

The hose then continues from the tee on up to the one way pressure release valve (7051015 VALVE,CHECK,RELIEF).

From the one way valve the hose continues to the hull fitting (with the tiny arrow on the valve pointing towards the hull fitting).

Off the tee you connect the vacuum relief valve (7052118 VALVE,VACUUM CHECK) with a stubby hose, with the other little nipple just hanging there.
    Last edited by K447; 05-03-2011 at 10:26 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    That would be a one way vacuum relief check valve.

There is one that vents air INTO the fuel tank (vacuum relief) so that as the engine burns fuel, it allows air into the tank so there is no vacuum created in the tank. It connects to the fuel tank vent line, and the other nipple just hangs in the air inside the hull.

There should also be a second valve that vents excess air pressure OUT of the tank. That valve is connected between the vent fitting on the tank, and a hull fitting that vents the air+fuel fumes outside the hull. One nipple connects to the tank vent hose, the other to the outside hull fitting.

There should be a small arrow marked on the check valves. The pressure relief valve should allow air to flow one way when more than about 2 PSI is applied to the vale. In the other direction, it should block air flow.

Don't apply huge air pressures to the valve when testing, as it is just a tiny rubber disk in there doing the valve function.

The vacuum relief valve should open with even less pressure.
    i do not see any arrows and there is only one valve that looks like the one in the picture.. the other ones i see are next to the steering collum in the picture i attached.. the one vent on the right connects too the plastic t the one on the left is connected to a small gray line that goes towrds the carbs.. i also do not see any arrows

+1
    heres the pic

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information