Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riva Stage 1 Results...

Hey Guys,
    The Riva Stage 1 kit is installed with the wedge and my best GPS run was 70.3...the lake was 86 degrees, air temp was also 86 degrees, five bars of fuel, humidity? Sweating my guts out...One thing I noticed is if I trim the ski all the up, my RPM drops to 7850; a little over half trim brings the RPM to 8050. The hole shot difference Vs stock is incredible, I have to place the trim all the way down in order to keep the ski from jumping out of the water and breaking loose. Are these numbers pretty much what I should expect? My best stock GPS speed was 67.2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imgp0213_278.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	526  

I would think that is about right in 86 degree weather, wait til cooler temps like in the 60-70's you should be able to hit around the 71.5-72 mark! Next one's Stage 2 kit!

Check your reverse gate when you have the trim up. Maybe the water's hitting it... Just a shot in the dark.

you can do it while it's on the trailer to see

+1
    It's normal to lose RPM's when trimming all the way up.

Definately check your reverse bucket though.
    Check this link out:
    http://greenhulk.net/?p=52

There is some adjustment that can be made to the reverse bucket. Just make sure that before you cut anything that the reverse bucket is sitting on the hard stops on the venturi. If you have installed a wedge, the reverse bucket will definately need adjustment.

Ditch the wedge. I had the wedge also and had the same results. Why do you need more up trim from the wedge anyway when your ski runs the best when the trim is in the middle without the wedge? It is just one of those waste of money items like the exhaust mods that dont give you any performance. The wedge will only work good if their was no hook in the back of the hull. Besides I think its pointless having a wedge on a ski that you can adjust the trim.

You get better performance with the angle of the nozzle being angled at the back with a wedge and not bending the water at the steering nozzle like the trim does.

I agree the wedge is more efficient at changing the direction of the jet stream. But I'm not convinced it's needed since the optimum trim setting on my rxp is about dead center. By putting a wedge on, my optimum setting would be lower than dead center, therefore I'd be using the trim to redirect the flow with the wedge anyway, where without the wedge, I don't need to.

+1
    I know i lose at least 1.5 mph when i remove my wedge.

well I would like to know the differences between Riva's 2 degree wedge and R&D 2.5 degree wedge with a rod in their kit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information