Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Downloading torrent files...

Im trying this out.. never downloaded videos before because they always take too long..

Im using BitTorrent 6.3, and I downloaded a few torrents off of BTJunkie. What does it mean, in BitTorrent 6.3, when to the left of the file it says 'completed' but to the right it says 'seeding'? The files wont open.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Im trying this out.. never downloaded videos before because they always take too long..

Im using BitTorrent 6.3, and I downloaded a few torrents off of BTJunkie. What does it mean when to the left of the file it says 'completed' but to the right it says 'seeding'? The files wont open.

I use Utorrent and Piratebay.org

You need to have a "player" to play the files... like a .mov player, of mp4 player but for torrents....

Im using BitTorrent 6.3, and I downloaded a few torrents off of BTJunkie. What does it mean, in BitTorrent 6.3, when to the left of the file it says 'completed' but to the right it says 'seeding'? The files wont open.
    seeding is when you are letting someone else download your file. By seeding you can get screwed for file sharing. Whenever you download a file stop it immediately after it completes. What files are you downloading? Movies? Games? Music? I open my files by just right clicking and clicking open folder.

Ok.. I located the files on the computer since the wont open in Bittorrent..

For each download there is a folder, inside the folder appears to be a dozen files..For one of the downloads, there is 15 or so. each one ends in 'R0' with a number and goes up to 14- R01, R02, etc. One says 'RAR' after it.

Why are there so many files? WTF am I supposed to do?

I assume that whatever an RAR file is, I need something that can assemble them and open them right?

Are all Bittorrents RAR files??

Trying to get WinRAR now..

All the movies are .rar files i believe. I normally just download MP3s but sometimes get some movies. I forget what program I use to play the .rar files, i think it might just be winrar that i downloaded for free.

yep. using that now. everything works.. except ive only got audio and no video. Windows media player opened as the default..

Trying to get WinRAR now..
    thats what you need. You need to zip them or w/e its called.

Im not sure why you don't have video, maybe its the format or maybe you just got a bad file?

thats what it looks like but i only downloaded videos with good user comments on BTJunkie.

im downloading a different player and trying it again.

this was pretty complicated but after its all ironed out it should be good to go.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information