Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

worried about running to lean

i have some concerns about running to lean -- 1st what i have 2007 gtx limited the mods are solas 15/20 impeller - jim's ride plate - groco strainer - catch can - #42 injectors -RRFPR set at 60 lbs - X-charger with a pro wheel in it - fizzle inter cooler - free flow pipe -riva intake grate -fizzle 4" air intake - riva pump wedge - worx sponsons - SS wear ring -- now questions have come up that i maybe running to lean with this set up -- any input would be great plus would a R&D powershot help me out with keeping a balance on the A/F mix ?

Homebrew.... A powershot would help but it's hard to tell without a/f numbers I think 50's injectors should do the trick...

You can get yourself an innovative lc-1 wideband for about 180 bucks on eBay... Speedfreek will weld a o2 bung on a j-pipe for 65bucks...

okay thanks T_ -- and to think my midlife crisis was either buy a sports car or a jet ski ---i'm starting to wonder which would have been cheaper ! ( the car would have been a 69 camaro )

+1
    ski is funner as there are no speed limits

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

+2

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    if nils gets some more rude controlers made get one of those ..you will be able to completely tune for any level of modification

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    i have some concerns about running to lean -- 1st what i have 2007 gtx limited the mods are solas 15/20 impeller - jim's ride plate - groco strainer - catch can - #42 injectors -RRFPR set at 60 lbs - X-charger with a pro wheel in it - fizzle inter cooler - free flow pipe -riva intake grate -fizzle 4" air intake - riva pump wedge - worx sponsons - SS wear ring -- now questions have come up that i maybe running to lean with this set up -- any input would be great plus would a R&D powershot help me out with keeping a balance on the A/F mix ?
    Monitor your AFR. You need to get some readings at 60 psi on RRFPR and go from there.
    As far is anyone saying your ok or not it is only a guess. You got to much invested for us to tell you if your running lean.
    If you got some AFR readings then post them and then you can get the correct information.
    The only info I can give you is you can run a Rude1 with 42s and RRFPR. You have to run the pressure up but is within limit. Not sure how close the pro x is to rude1 but i think would be close on boost. So my guess is you could be a bit lean at 60 psi.

Would not mess with the R&D as its range is minimal.
    IF you dont have AFR meter then spend you money on meter and setup on ski to run sensor.
    That will be your best money spent.

Good luck, nice setup and cool looken ski.
    That is my favorite GTX color scheme.

+1 on what Skoepp said. I believe that the Mini Rude is the step above the Pro X charger and I'm running 48's on mine with no issues but for the same token Jerry has recommended 50 for the Mini Rude. I would stick with the 42"s for now but most importantly invest the money on a way to get those afr readings. If you plan to keep investing money on speed upgrades then you will need to know these readings anyhow. Get the O2 sensor bung welded to the J-pipe and buy yourself a LM-1 or LM-2, you will not know what your afr's are lets say in idle-mid-wot until you can invest in one of these setups. Another little tid bit of info. your rrfpr will not compensate for mid and wot afrs, to be able to do these ajustments you'll need a Begi or get that R&D controller which allows you to do all threee adjustments. Most peeps just install the rrfpr and adjust for fuel pressure at wot and let it be as is forgeting the idle and mid afrs, in my opinion if you have that much money invested on a GTX-Ltd go the extra mile and do it right, you wont regret it. Getting the afrs right is a little tricky its a whole different ballgame not like plug and play but there is a lot of info. in the treads, do some searching, and ask for help to get your adjustments done, I did and was helped by Jim and Duke as well as Malvin. We share the same Seadoo ski so if you need any help let me know. I've been down that road and done that already. I'm glad to know that there is someone else besides me, jeff, dartharm, jeremy that have a liking to the GTX platform, not to many peeps like them because of them being a 3 seating couch but the look on the faces of the people you past is priceless specially when they have a much smaller ski thats supposed to run faster. The dawn of the 3 seaters is fast approching my friend, stick around and you will see some impresive shit this year coming from the 3 seater couches. Good luck !

thank you all for the input -- i did buy a r&d powershot (waiting for shipment -- it was used from this site at a good price ) I'm going with the power shot due to the amount of different riding i do -- alot of idling -- midrange when i have other ppl with me -- and I'm looking to get a A/F set up -- but hoping to get a deal for a used one since I'm one of the many that is "under employed " right now once i get everything together i will definitely be asking for help with the readings here -- this site has been a wealth of information and has helped me learn about jet skis at a much faster rate then others who haven't been lucky enough to come across this site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information