Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra 250X Oil filter and Flushing

Hello guys,

I have a few questions that have been bugging me. I have an Ultra 250X and an Ultra LX, both 2007. When I flush both, a lot more water comes out the bypass outlet on the right side of the ski of the Ultra LX than the 250X, anyone notice this?

Also, I bought both with 50 hours so I went a head and replaced the oil and filter but the filter that the Kawasaki dealer gave me was a bit smaller, number 16097-0003 instead of the 16097-0004. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Jay

Ultra 250x oil filter and flushing

The correct one is the 16097-003
    the 004 will work but is designed for Kawi bike motor, from what I was told is that the inside of the 003 filter is designed slightly diffrent for a pwc in case of water intrusion, how that plays a role, I don't know.
    just passing on what I was told.
    I also found an 004 filter on my ski when I did my oil change and later learned that this filter was used by my dealership when they did'nt have the 003. Thanks to the guys at R-Rated they educated me on the diffrence between the filters.
    Use the 003

Both of my skis came with the 04. Thanks, makes me feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
    Hello guys,

I have a few questions that have been bugging me. I have an Ultra 250X and an Ultra LX, both 2007. When I flush both, a lot more water comes out the bypass outlet on the right side of the ski of the Ultra LX than the 250X, anyone notice this?

Also, I bought both with 50 hours so I went a head and replaced the oil and filter but the filter that the Kawasaki dealer gave me was a bit smaller, number 16097-0003 instead of the 16097-0004. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Jay
    LX has a different exhaust then your 250X. Water routing is also different and the amount out coming from the visibility spray differs.

The main reason for that spray up front is so that you know your getting proper water flow when operating your craft.

Cool, good to know. I was thinking that something was blocking it. Thanks

Fat Man, Little Boat
    +1
    Cool, good to know. I was thinking that something was blocking it. Thanks
    off topic.... whats faster your vette or the mustang?

It depends, in the 1/4 mile the Mustang. After the 1/4 its all over for the stang. The Corvette is fun to drive, the Stang is not as comfortable since it has drag suspension, no AC, and very loud, but its fun too, plus really cheap to modify.

Fat Man, Little Boat
    +1
    It depends, in the 1/4 mile the Mustang. After the 1/4 its all over for the stang. The Corvette is fun to drive, the Stang is not as comfortable since it has drag suspension, no AC, and very loud, but its fun too, plus really cheap to modify.
    whats done to it?

15 lb supercharger, aluminum heads, cam, injectors, intake manifold, tremec tranny, drag suspension, drag tires, deleted about 400 lbs, headers, exhaust, gears, etc etc. it puts down 517 RWHP.

The bigger filter is for the stx15f or ultra lx, the smaller one is for the 250 260x, it has something to do with clearance, the supercharger air routing or something. when i was at the dealer this fall i had them compare the two to see the difference and that was what i was told

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information