Another water ingestion question

I have flipped my RXP over once. Should I assume that I ingested water? I quickly rolled the ski over and got back on. It started right up and I let it idle for about 5 min. . I continued riding and it ran fine. I checked the oil as I do after every weekend and It seemed fine. Ran it again this weekend and no problems. What should have I done in a case like this again? Should I check anything else out. I also have noticed from the first time I rode my 05 RXP that there is about two or three inches of water in the hull every time I take the ski out of the water. I never have left my ski in the water over night. Could I have a crack in the hull?

if ur oil is clear and it is running fine then u are fine ...

I agree.

Ideally, you should check your oil and pull the plugs and run the starter in flood mode to see if any water spits out. But this can be a pain in the middle of the lake.

If you got it back over quickly, and there isn't much water in the hull, then it's not likely that you got any water in the air intake. However it's up to you whether you want to err on the side of caution.

Thanks, what about the water in hull after I pull the ski out of the lake. Its 2 or three inches after every full day of riding, should I worry about this? Why doesn't the bilge take care of the water?

The best thing to do is jump off the ski before it flips over. All the years I have been riding all types of skis I never flipped one over yet. I know when to bail when it happens.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Denali44
    Thanks, what about the water in hull after I pull the ski out of the lake. Its 2 or three inches after every full day of riding, should I worry about this? Why doesn't the bilge take care of the water?
    I'd get it checked out. I've had my RXP for 1 1/2 years now and I've NEVER had any water come out of the drain plugs. I don't go crazy with mine but I've had water over the top numerous times. The last time I went to MO, my RXP sat in the lake for the entire 2 weeks and not a drop out of the drain plugs. Wish I could say the same about my XPL.

Thread Information