Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    So Cal Dad...."Just Keep Moving"

Missing Ceramic Washer

Gents, I removed both of my SC's form my 07 SD RXT'sw/37 hrs ea and see that one of the two ceramic washers in one SC is missing. I have sent these off to Jerry at Greenhulk to have the washers replaced as required. My nightmare is the one ceramic washer is nowhere to be found and I assume it's in the motor. What do I need to do? Is there anything that can be done w/o pulling the motor?. Pls let me know.

Best Regards,
    Patrick

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    not really pull it pull the pto cover and pieces will probably be in the screens ..there is one in the front as well

+1
    Time for a rebuild, make sure you change your timming chain. When a washer drops it sometimes goes thru the timming chain sprocket and damages the chain. The chain may break and cause the valves to touchdown on the piston.

There is a lot of rotating parts behind that rear pto cover that the washer has to negotiate before it gets to the oil pump screens. In my opinion, the ssceens will only trap large particles of debris and not the fine stuff.Check the drained oil and oil filter for contaminants (ceramic). Good luck.

Cheers

Chris.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    There is a lot of rotating parts behind that rear pto cover that the washer has to negotiate before it gets to the oil pump screens. In my opinion, the ssceens will only trap large particles of debris and not the fine stuff.Check the drained oil and oil filter for contaminants (ceramic). Good luck.

Cheers

Chris.

Yep, and that is why the oil pumps get trashed.

What needs to be done. IMO. Is the motor needs to be pulled and both oil pumps need to be cleaned and inspected. Replace if damaged. The timming chain I would replace period since you are in there and it probably helped chew up the washer. Then clean and flush the bottom case.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Yep, and that is why the oil pumps get trashed.

What needs to be done. IMO. Is the motor needs to be pulled and both oil pumps need to be cleaned and inspected. Replace if damaged. The timming chain I would replace period since you are in there and it probably helped chew up the washer. Then clean and flush the bottom case.

Can you change the timing chain (whilst engine is out) but without having to take off the head?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by McBoysdad View Post
    Gents, I removed both of my SC's form my 07 SD RXT'sw/37 hrs ea and see that one of the two ceramic washers in one SC is missing. I have sent these off to Jerry at Greenhulk to have the washers replaced as required. My nightmare is the one ceramic washer is nowhere to be found and I assume it's in the motor. What do I need to do? Is there anything that can be done w/o pulling the motor?. Pls let me know.

Best Regards,
    Patrick
    welcome to the forum.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

been there it seems worse than it is ...when i got over pouting about it... it took me less hat 2 hours to have the engine out..while you are there upgrade to the 08 oil jet..i found out about the oil jet a week after i did mine..so i get to pull it again soon

at 37 hours o would just inspect everything well

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    been there it seems worse than it is ...when i got over pouting about it... it took me less hat 2 hours to have the engine out..while you are there upgrade to the 08 oil jet..i found out about the oil jet a week after i did mine..so i get to pull it again soon

at 37 hours o would just inspect everything well
    With that charger your running... you NEED to be running the oil jet

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    Can you change the timing chain (whilst engine is out) but without having to take off the head?
    No. Not only do you have to pull the head, you have to split the cases to get the chain under the cam sprocket on the crank.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information