Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    So Cal Dad...."Just Keep Moving"
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange Co, Ca
    Posts
    2

    Missing Ceramic Washer

    Gents, I removed both of my SC's form my 07 SD RXT'sw/37 hrs ea and see that one of the two ceramic washers in one SC is missing. I have sent these off to Jerry at Greenhulk to have the washers replaced as required. My nightmare is the one ceramic washer is nowhere to be found and I assume it's in the motor. What do I need to do? Is there anything that can be done w/o pulling the motor?. Pls let me know.

    Best Regards,
    Patrick


  2. #2
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    not really pull it pull the pto cover and pieces will probably be in the screens ..there is one in the front as well

  3. #3
    Antiguan FZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Antigua Caribbean
    Posts
    1,107
    +1
    3
    Time for a rebuild, make sure you change your timming chain. When a washer drops it sometimes goes thru the timming chain sprocket and damages the chain. The chain may break and cause the valves to touchdown on the piston.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cairns Australia
    Posts
    234
    There is a lot of rotating parts behind that rear pto cover that the washer has to negotiate before it gets to the oil pump screens. In my opinion, the ssceens will only trap large particles of debris and not the fine stuff.Check the drained oil and oil filter for contaminants (ceramic). Good luck.

    Cheers

    Chris.

  5. #5
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,073
    +1
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    There is a lot of rotating parts behind that rear pto cover that the washer has to negotiate before it gets to the oil pump screens. In my opinion, the ssceens will only trap large particles of debris and not the fine stuff.Check the drained oil and oil filter for contaminants (ceramic). Good luck.

    Cheers

    Chris.

    Yep, and that is why the oil pumps get trashed.

    What needs to be done. IMO. Is the motor needs to be pulled and both oil pumps need to be cleaned and inspected. Replace if damaged. The timming chain I would replace period since you are in there and it probably helped chew up the washer. Then clean and flush the bottom case.

    .

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cairns Australia
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Yep, and that is why the oil pumps get trashed.

    What needs to be done. IMO. Is the motor needs to be pulled and both oil pumps need to be cleaned and inspected. Replace if damaged. The timming chain I would replace period since you are in there and it probably helped chew up the washer. Then clean and flush the bottom case.

    .
    Can you change the timing chain (whilst engine is out) but without having to take off the head?

  7. #7
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by McBoysdad View Post
    Gents, I removed both of my SC's form my 07 SD RXT'sw/37 hrs ea and see that one of the two ceramic washers in one SC is missing. I have sent these off to Jerry at Greenhulk to have the washers replaced as required. My nightmare is the one ceramic washer is nowhere to be found and I assume it's in the motor. What do I need to do? Is there anything that can be done w/o pulling the motor?. Pls let me know.

    Best Regards,
    Patrick
    welcome to the forum.

  8. #8
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471


    been there it seems worse than it is ...when i got over pouting about it... it took me less hat 2 hours to have the engine out..while you are there upgrade to the 08 oil jet..i found out about the oil jet a week after i did mine..so i get to pull it again soon

    at 37 hours o would just inspect everything well

  9. #9
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    been there it seems worse than it is ...when i got over pouting about it... it took me less hat 2 hours to have the engine out..while you are there upgrade to the 08 oil jet..i found out about the oil jet a week after i did mine..so i get to pull it again soon

    at 37 hours o would just inspect everything well
    With that charger your running... you NEED to be running the oil jet

  10. #10
    Moderator Franko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    3,829
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    Can you change the timing chain (whilst engine is out) but without having to take off the head?
    No. Not only do you have to pull the head, you have to split the cases to get the chain under the cam sprocket on the crank.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2007 rotax 215 hp 4 tec with missing supercharger ceramic washer
    By Cathylongasta in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-17-2016, 08:51 AM
  2. ceramic washers?
    By blown 5.0 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 11:44 AM
  3. 07's still use ceramic washers
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 09:56 PM
  4. SC Ceramic Washer Failure Update
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 08:59 PM
  5. SC Ceramic Washer Failure
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •