Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

+1

Thumbs up Free flow exhaust w/o the noise

This is how I made a free flow exhaust w/o the noise. I have tested my ski with Rive Free flow exhaust and my modified exhaust and got the same results in performance with out all the noise and drone using my modified oem exhaust. First remove the rubber flap around the pump in the back. This flap is no longer used. Now with a razor blade or a good knife trim off all the rubber flaps that are hanging down in the exhaust port where it exits the ski at the pump housing on the right side. Then go inside the back of the ski and remove the complete hose that goes from the metal water box to the large plastic sound box. . Remove this smaller box and make a get a plug that will fit in the hose where the small box came from and use this plug ( any metal or hard plastic plug that fits will do) and the oem clamp to secure the plug in to hose as this smaller box is not used any longer. Finally take this large hose and you will see that it extends down into the Large sound supression box. Cut off the part of the hose that extends down into the box . The piece you cut off should be app. 3 1/2 inches long. Re assemble the hose back into the big black sound supression box and attach the other end back to the metal water box. tighen all clamps good. Now you have a free flow exhaust that is only a touch louder than the stock exhaust w/o all the noise and drone that the aftermarket free flow pipes have. See post # 23 for some up dated pictures of the pipe cut off. If you want to even quiter free flow exhaust ski just put the smaller sound supression box back in too! Tommy Jordan
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 05-24-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Nice Write up, makes me wanna go home and do it :P

Thanks for the info. My question is what are the rubber flaps for?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    What size does the plug need to be Tommy? Im not near my ski to yank that silencer apart and measure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post
    Thanks for the info. My question is what are the rubber flaps for?
    Noise supression!

The flaps around the pump restrict the exhaust flow in any way?

+1

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    What size does the plug need to be Tommy? Im not near my ski to yank that silencer apart and measure.
    2-1/8 to 2-1/4 inches out side dia. Just maby some of the forum guys will machine some plugs out of alum. with a little flange ring on them just like the box pipe has on it to match the pipe exactly and sell them on the forum. hint hint hint guys, Tommy Jordan

+1

Thumbs up

Thanks Tommy! Continuous improvement as always!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post
    The flaps around the pump restrict the exhaust flow in any way?
    yes they hold some noise and back up some heat in the exhaust pipe, which is not a good thing for performance.

X-Closed Course Racer xracer128's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    This is how I made a free flow exhaust w/o the noise. I have tested my ski with Rive Free flow exhaust and my modified exhaust and got the same results in performance with out all the noise using my modified oem exhaust. First remove the rubber flap around the pump in the back. This flap is no longer used. Now with a razor blade or a good knife trim off all the rubber flaps that are hanging down in the exhaust port where it exits the ski at the pump housing on the right side. Then go inside the back of the ski and remove the complete hose ( part #6 in the enclosed parts diagraham) that goes from the metal water box to the large plastic sound box. You will notice a smaller sound supression box that is attached to this hose this box is part #15 on the part diagraham. Remove this smaller box and make a get a plug that will fit in the hose where the small box came from and use this plug ( any metal or hard plastic plug that fits will do) and the oem clamp to secure the plug in to hose #6 as this smaller box is not used any longer. Finally take this large hose #6 and you will see that it extends down into the Large sound supression box. Cut off the part of the hose that extends down into the box . The piece you cut off should be app. 3 1/2 inches long. Re assemble the hose #6 back into the big black sound supression box and attach the other end back to the metal water box. tighen all clamps good. Now you have a free flow exhaust that is only a touch louder than the stock exhaust w/o all the noise and dron that the aftermarket free flow pipes have. Here is the link for a picture of the parts with there number on them http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/partim...2,0,waverunner Tommy Jordan
    Maybe my mod will help.....
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...7&postcount=30

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information