Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Anyone else get real attached to their ski?

I have someone coming tomorrow who will probably take home my GP1200R. Now that it is close to being gone, I am almost having second thoughts.
    I have had this ski since 04, been to all but the last mudbugs on it, completely rebuilt the motor on my own, and just flat out love the way it performs.
    Am I puss or what?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1200r.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	172417  

+1

Red face

I know the feeling Kirk. I am very attached to my 2000 GPRXP. But, it may be up for sale and I'm hating the feeling in my stomach that it may be leaving the stable as well.

Considering what you have now for PWC, I know the 12R has been a great ski for you, I would just think of it as an era gone, good memories, and you'll be making better memories with the craft you have now.

It'll be ok.....I know there are hundreds of us on the forum what have sold toys we regret selling over the years. Just one thing to remember....."ya cant take it with ya"...

It'll be ok big dawg uhm....wanna buy a conversion with that 12R money

+1
    Ok, I'll bite, why sell it then ??

Billy, you to, why ??

Moderated
    i am very attached to my 2002 gpr as it was my first ski and i did the bulk of the work myself.

i had to sell one ski recently to make room for my gprx so i sold my girls ski (2006) instead of my 02 hehe, she is still pissed but my 02 is safe for now and its got a brand new ported motor in her to keep her kicking ass.

+1
    I'll never get rid of my GPRSHO conversion unless I have to. Most fun I've had on a ski. It's really the GPR hull.

+1
    I was really attached to my ski in the same way, put my heart and soul into it and built it like I would keep it forever.
    But, this winter I decided to look at a new ski and within a 2 day period I had bought a new ski and sold my forever ski.

I will tell you why I did it, I wanted to start over.
    You know how you loved building up thats ski? Well at some point you have done everything and cant do no more, you kind of plato.

Nice new ski and can learn a new platform, 2stroke to 4 stroke and have fun all over again.

Once you sell it and get the new ski you wont look back.
    I assume your buying a new one.

Kirk its funny you started this because I thought I was the only one that got attached to my skis....lol!

Please don't be to worried I'm pretty sure I am going to be blown away by this ski when we meet tomorrow. I know how you feel I am the same way with all my bikes. If it makes you feel any better I promise to take wonderful care of your baby! And the more I read on this forum the more of a urge I am getting to come to some of the meet ups and rides. I LOVE to travel epically if some kind of riding is involved so most likely I will try to meet up at one of the Texas get togethers and you can check up on her every once n awhile

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tamucc2002 View Post
    Please don't be to worried I'm pretty sure I am going to be blown away by this ski when we meet tomorrow. I know how you feel I am the same way with all my bikes. If it makes you feel any better I promise to take wonderful care of your baby! And the more I read on this forum the more of a urge I am getting to come to some of the meet ups and rides. I LOVE to travel epically if some kind of riding is involved so most likely I will try to meet up at one of the Texas get togethers and you can check up on her every once n awhile
    welcome to the forum

i too have a ski i love , its a 95 sj but its my baby
    i have ski with more power & look 100x better
    but the sn is what i ride

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information