Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Imploded gas tank

anybody have any idea why an EFI 06 setup will implode the gas tank? It didn't complete bust it, but it sucked it into a small gas tank. It finally popped out after removing the pressure cap.
    SHOOTER

+1
    The air-vent is not working. I would think its a bad check valve (EU0-67767-31-00) but I would check the filter assembly first.

The check valve on my oil tank doesn't keep up at WOT.

+1
    yes, possibly plugged gas tank vent or kinked line on the vent check

+1
    the check valve itself checks out good. Now the hose goes from the tank to the check valve to the fuel separator then out the side of the hull. On the outside under the fairings is another white plastic box where the tube hooks into. Under that white plastic box looks like its a drain of some sorts. Thats actually pinched off, is it suppose to be pinched off?
    SHOOTER

+1
    There should be nothing pinched off at all. From the tank, all the hose, the vent and to the hull and out, there should be no pinches or kinks.
    I would replace that peice of hose that looks pinched bro

+1
    the actual hose is not pinched, if it were I would have fixed that. It goes into a nipple, nipple goes through hull and then the nipple is part of a white box that sits up under the fairings. If your looking at the front of the ski, its to the left side. Its part number: EW2-62149-00-00 (pipe ventilation) and GP7-62159-01-00 (socket ventilation) I got these numbers from boats.net
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl
    the actual hose is not pinched, if it were I would have fixed that. It goes into a nipple, nipple goes through hull and then the nipple is part of a white box that sits up under the fairings. If your looking at the front of the ski, its to the left side. Its part number: EW2-62149-00-00 (pipe ventilation) and GP7-62159-01-00 (socket ventilation) I got these numbers from boats.net
    SHOOTER

gotcha, yeah, that #8 EW2-62149-00-00 Pipe ventilation should be straight and not kinked or pinched.

also, See if you can blow thru that little box too via the hose and make sure it is not plugged.

+1
    yeah I thought the same thing, thanks man for the help, I'll let you know how that goes. I am off to the hardware store to get me some rubber stuff to make a motor pressuer tester. Let you know how that goes too.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Well, after spending the past few hours making up a testing kit and getting it ready to pressure test my motor, I stopped. I had enough of working on this thing everyday. SO I came inside and started to watch the tube, first time in a while for me. I got to thinking about what you guys were saying and went back out to the garage. You know that feeling, I got to figure this **** out, hahaha.
    So I pulled the check valve off the fuel tank and sucked through it. Wouldn't let me, so I tried blowing it. Wouldn't let me. (go ahead and throw in the sick joke, haha). So I took the cap off the white separator and it allowed me to suck through. I put it back on and decided to take each hose off individually to slowly trace down what the culprit was. Everything checked out fine and it went back to the white box on the side of the hull. SO I took off my fairings and started to look at it. Since I had the hose off, I decided to pull the tube through the box to see what was going on there. I noticed two holes in the tube. So I pushed it all the way in, attached the hose and what do you know? You can suck and blow through it, hahahaha. I attached it all back up and now everything works. I am thinking that some how I must have not had it in all the way and it blocked the two holes or hell if I know why it didn't work. Now I have ventillation and the ski got some good suck and blows in it now.
    Thanks for the tip. Now I just need to pressure test the motor to see if I have an air leak anywhere. If not, then the only other thing is my reeds thats causing me to not be able to idle. We'll find out tomorrow night.
    Thanks for the help. One problem down, one more to go.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Nice to know how intimate you are with your GPR.

Gald you fixed it SHOOTER

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information