+1

Start with no water?

Can I just try and start my ski on the trailer with no water for just a second to see if she fires?

My 750 has a water hose adapter I use to flush after a run in salt water, but someone told me I could run it for a couple of seconds to make sure she fires up before I block the ramp,

Can I put a flush adapter on my 785 pro? I live in galveston and will be running in salt water only, I dont want the tripple pipes to rust out,

thanks,

My manual states that you can run the engine without water for no more than 20 seconds. I suggest you do not use full throttle.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You can certainly start and run the engine without cooling water, just don't do so for more than a few seconds.

If the engine is stone cold you can start and run it for 10 seconds, maybe even 20 seconds without water. The less time, the better.

Your triple exhaust pipes should be made from non-rusting metals, but you still need to properly flush the engine and pipe water jackets after riding in salt water.

You also need to flush the jet pump itself and the pump intake under the hull, and add good quality waterproof grease to the through-hull bearing after every ride.

And of course hose down the entire ski, inside the hull and out, then drain and air dry the engien compartment.

Salt water is corrosive, but most of the harm comes from letting the salt water sit without being flushed away after riding.

Carefully review the operating and service manuals, and this forum, for more info on properly maintaining a slat water PWC.

Tip: after flushing with fresh water, be sure to run the engine and very briefly burst the throttle a few times. The burst of engine RPM blows out the excess water from the water box. This is important, to ensure the water doesn't work its way back into the engine.

The Pro 785 is a special case, and the water routing of the hoses for the exhaust pipes was revised several times, as the original routing allowed water to easily back flow into the engine when loading the ski onto a trailer at the launch ramp. Be sure your triple exhaust pipe water hoses are routed optimally.

+1
    [QUOTE=K447;

The Pro 785 is a special case, and the water routing of the hoses for the exhaust pipes was revised several times, as the original routing allowed water to easily back flow into the engine when loading the ski onto a trailer at the launch ramp. Be sure your triple exhaust pipe water hoses are routed optimally.[/QUOTE]

How do you correctly route the hoses on a 2000 Pro ?.I would hate to ruin the engine that way.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    How do you correctly route the hoses on a 2000 Pro?...
    I wil let the Pro 785 experts give you the full answer.

I think the 2000 Pro already used the better hose routing scheme. It was the original 1997 and 1998 models that I am fairly sure needed the hose routing revised.

Look in the Tech section. There are some threads that directly address this question.

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    How do you correctly route the hoses on a 2000 Pro ?.I would hate to ruin the engine that way.
    Go into polaris performance forum, I just bumped a cool thread about this.

+1
    will do! thx.

Thread Information