Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rpm's

rpm's

Hi, my friends got an 07 rxt completely stock, what rpms are normal for that ski. reason asking is the ski lost like 2 mph. thankx

Quote Originally Posted by GPR View Post
    Hi, my friends got an 07 rxt completely stock, what rpms are normal for that ski. reason asking is the ski lost like 2 mph. thankx
    my 06 stock was 8080/8100 thats where you want to be.

that's exactly the problem ,ski only turned 7700. As you can see i'am not familiar with these motors, but i heard something about torque on the sc, Any hints on what the problem might be, were to start looking at?

+1
    Any hints on what the problem might be, were to start looking at?

Wear ring.....

wear ring

It's plastic on the seadoos right.

+1
    Correct..

+1
    that's exactly the problem ,ski only turned 7700. As you can see i'am not familiar with these motors, but i heard something about torque on the sc, Any hints on what the problem might be, were to start looking at?
    What you are referring to with the s/cers is the clutch slip.. As the clutches in the s/c wear the slip can become low enough to the point where boost numbers decrease hence the lower rpms. To check the slip you either pull the s/c out to get the most accurate reading or there are a few ways to check the slip while the s/c is still on the ski, a common method is to jam the prop with a broom stick and put a dial type torque wrench on the nut that sits on the front of the s/c impeller and turn the wrench COUNTER clockwise until the impeller spins, this is the point at which the clutch is slipping..
    I think like 7-8in/lbs is right for an rxt, but im sure someone else will correct me if im wrong..

+1

Also where abouts are you riding and what temps are you riding in. Elevation, heat, humidity, and water temp can all effect rpms quite significantly

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    What you are referring to with the s/cers is the clutch slip.. As the clutches in the s/c wear the slip can become low enough to the point where boost numbers decrease hence the lower rpms. To check the slip you either pull the s/c out to get the most accurate reading or there are a few ways to check the slip while the s/c is still on the ski, a common method is to jam the prop with a broom stick and put a dial type torque wrench on the nut that sits on the front of the s/c impeller and turn the wrench COUNTER clockwise until the impeller spins, this is the point at which the clutch is slipping..
    I think like 7-8in/lbs is right for an rxt, but im sure someone else will correct me if im wrong..
    Thanks buddy, Exactly what i was refering to, is this a common problem on these ski and i'am guessing this could be the reason for the rpm's that are missing (400).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Wear ring.....
    +1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information