I have some RXTX questions

Want to modify my wife's 09 RXTX slightly. My questions are:

Planning on a 4" hose with K&N filter to the existing flex connector that feeds the supercharger along with an R&D exhaust kit (waterbox to the stock exhaust location) or Riva bypass kit. Will the afr be safe?

Also going with a Riva intake grate with stock pump nozzle, etc. What is the stock pitch on an RXTX prop? Will I need to repitch the stock impeller or is it better to go with the Riva recommended Solas 15/22?

Anyone tried the R&D exhaust kit? Holy crap, it's $300 for 2 aluminum tubes and 2 couplers. I don't like the stock plastic resonator--just asking for your ski to sink with it. The Riva is $89 but the stock rubber exhaust hose takes up soooo much room along with all the intercooler piping, I'd like to get rid of it. Anyone else make a kit similar to the R&D one?

Going to replace the stock clutch washers with the Riva ones. What is boost on a stock RXTX? 10-11#. The slip is at 8 ft/lbs now. What should I set it at?

Thanks,

Mark

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark S View Post

Planning on a 4" hose with K&N filter to the existing flex connector that feeds the supercharger along with an R&D exhaust kit (waterbox to the stock exhaust location) or Riva bypass kit. Will the afr be safe?
    I ran custom front air without filter, x relocation kit, manifold mod, thru hull with gutted box, and AFR was fine.

Also going with a Riva intake grate with stock pump nozzle, etc. What is the stock pitch on an RXTX prop? Will I need to repitch the stock impeller or is it better to go with the Riva recommended Solas 15/22?
    I would go with 15/22 as will be close.

Anyone tried the R&D exhaust kit? Holy crap, it's $300 for 2 aluminum tubes and 2 couplers. I don't like the stock plastic resonator--just asking for your ski to sink with it. The Riva is $89 but the stock rubber exhaust hose takes up soooo much room along with all the intercooler piping, I'd like to get rid of it. Anyone else make a kit similar to the R&D one?

NO experience.

Going to replace the stock clutch washers with the Riva ones. What is boost on a stock RXTX? 10-11#. The slip is at 8 ft/lbs now. What should I set it at?
    10.5 to 11 max was my experience.

Thanks,

Mark
    Good luck with the ski.

+1

YES AFR IS SAFE BUT, DON'T USE THE STOCK FLEX CONNECTOR - THAT IS THE #1 REASON THE STOCK SYSTEM IS CHOKED DOWN! USE THE R&D SC CONNECTOR AND 4" KANAFLEX HOSE DIRECTLY. THERE ARE SEVERAL TEST SHOWING HOW POOR THAT CONNECTOR FLOWS/RESTRICTS AIRFLOW.

STOCK RXTX PITCH IS ADVERTISED 14/25 IN SHOP MANUAL. SAVE SOME BUCKS AND SEND THE STOCK IMPELLER TO "DUKE" OR "SPEEDFREAKS" FOR REPITCHING.

CHECK OUT SPEEDFREAKS IC RELOCATION KIT OR RIVA'S RELO KIT WITH THRU HULL EXHAUST.

Thanks,

Mark
    GOOD LUCK

+1

IF U WANT TO KEEP YOUR INTERCOOLER THERE MAKE UP ONE OF THESE WITH YOUR EXISTING EXHAUST HOSES. THIS GOES FROM THE WATERBOX TO THE RIVA PIPE. U CAN ALSO GO TO A MUFFLER SHOP AND HAVE THEM GIVE YOU A PIPE WITH A SIMPLE 90 DEGREE BEND AND U HAVE YOUR RIVA PIPE...

Thanks,

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BARS 012.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	637.3 KB 
ID:	172845  

Banned User
    +1
    I have the R&D exhaust kit in my boat, and have about 150 hours on it...no leaks, or rusting.

Also, the reason it's so expensive, is that black coating on the tube. That stuff isn't cheap, but it keeps the heat away from your inter-cooler. And, it's sort of "hinged". You can just loosed the hose clamps, and it will swing out of the way, just enough, to you can pull your supercharger out, without having to remove it, or the houses.

No change to AFR, and a very mild gain in acceleration, which is impossible for me to quantify.

Leave the stock prop in it.

Why change your stock washers?? Are they beyond the slip moment, or do you have 100 hours on the ski??
    Mine were checked at 100 hours, and didn't need replacing. However, we did it anyway, just to be safe.
    Stock washers in the 08 are just fine.

Thanks for the replies.

Mark

Thread Information