Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Seadoo 05 rxp overheating issues

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help me out with an overheating issue I have on my 05 seadoo rxp. On the weekend I was out on my ski and after about 3-5 mins of putting it in the water, the high engine temp came on. I shut the ski off straight away, and lifted the seat off, only to find that the coolant was completely empty and steam (coolant smell) was coming out.

We took the ski out of the water and put it back onto the trailer. We spent a fair amount of time having a look at all the hose and clamps (which seemed fine) and even did a pressure test on the cooling system.

Does anyone know what would cause the ski to overheat and drink so much coolant in a very short amount of time?

Look forward to your feedback. Cheers.

+1
    I would say it has a blown head gasket.

Have you tried doing a leak down test?

Does it puke coolant when WOT?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by micka View Post
    Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help me out with an overheating issue I have on my 05 seadoo rxp. On the weekend I was out on my ski and after about 3-5 mins of putting it in the water, the high engine temp came on. I shut the ski off straight away, and lifted the seat off, only to find that the coolant was completely empty and steam (coolant smell) was coming out.

We took the ski out of the water and put it back onto the trailer. We spent a fair amount of time having a look at all the hose and clamps (which seemed fine) and even did a pressure test on the cooling system.

Does anyone know what would cause the ski to overheat and drink so much coolant in a very short amount of time?

How many hours on the ski??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    I would say it has a blown head gasket.

Have you tried doing a leak down test?

Does it puke coolant when WOT?
    +1

+1
    check the fitting going into and out of the ride plate they are prong to cracking do you have coolant in hull if so that maybe it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by micka View Post
    Hi there,

Is the ski stock? Have you changed anything on the ski since you last rode it? How long was it sitting not being used prior to this?

No, I havent performed a leak down test. What is involved in doing it.

It seems to be loosing large coolant amounts when the engine is between 6-8 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    The ski as just reached 72 hours

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    check the fitting going into and out of the ride plate they are prong to cracking do you have coolant in hull if so that maybe it
    I have replace the two clamps which are on the internal hoses that connect to the fitting on the ride plate. (cause the other ones where rusted.

I howevever did not check the fitting goin in out out. Is it a involved job to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Is the ski stock? Have you changed anything on the ski since you last rode it? How long was it sitting not being used prior to this?
    The ski is stock, havent done anywork to it at all. and i would say the last time i rode it was a week and before that i would say 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information