Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    ausralia
    Posts
    44

    help my ultra wont go any faster then 58mph

    can any 1 help me l just bought a 08 ultra 250 it wont go any faster then
    50mph smooth or choppy it runs good l had my prop out cause of some
    damage it was fixed buy a jetski shop it had new plugs in it comp test all good only 3psi driffransin all 4 potstook it out and still the same dont know y sc belt is tight have l bought a slow ski......?


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    it cant be running too good at 50mph what was the prop damage as it may have destroyed the motor? take it back to the jetski shop that fixed it and tell them whats wrong. all else fails check all your intake air connections as it sounds like you may have a boost leak, what are your rpms? is it cavitating? more information needed. is the speedo working properly (it may have a damaged pickup) so in actual fact it maybe going faster than you think. could be 100 reasons you need to check them off one by one.



    Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    can any 1 help me l just bought a 08 ultra 250 it wont go any faster then
    50mph smooth or choppy it runs good l had my prop out cause of some
    damage it was fixed buy a jetski shop it had new plugs in it comp test all good only 3psi driffransin all 4 potstook it out and still the same dont know y sc belt is tight have l bought a slow ski......?

  3. #3
    JET250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia mate fair dinkum.
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    2
    yes what are your rpm's, whats it like out of the hole with wot.

    do you have access to a gps.

  4. #4
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    yes what are your rpm's, whats it like out of the hole with wot.

    do you have access to a gps.
    Dave....you know damn well his problem is dog hair in the intake

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    ausralia
    Posts
    44
    The prop had a few blads bent got them fixed shaft was good the jetski shop said there was no damage to any think else. when l first brought it went not much better b4 this happened its good out of the hole is doing around 7200rpm top speed put new plugs in it still the same when it is in choppy water it still the same as in smooth water dosent change at all it runs good apart from loss of top speed boost is going to 11 pound of boost . could my prop be the problom any advise would be great

  6. #6
    JET250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia mate fair dinkum.
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Dave....you know damn well his problem is dog hair in the intake
    those sneaky dogs.....

  7. #7
    JET250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia mate fair dinkum.
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    The prop had a few blads bent got them fixed shaft was good the jetski shop said there was no damage to any think else. when l first brought it went not much better b4 this happened its good out of the hole is doing around 7200rpm top speed put new plugs in it still the same when it is in choppy water it still the same as in smooth water dosent change at all it runs good apart from loss of top speed boost is going to 11 pound of boost . could my prop be the problom any advise would be great
    sounds like prop, did the dealer just bend it back or did they send it away to a impeller shop. do you notice any vibrations at wot.

  8. #8
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    doesn't add up you say the ski only does 50mph yet it runs at 7200rpm at 11psi, have you really got your figures right? i'm guessing the prop. does it cavitate? sounds like a job for your dealer if they say the prop is ok.





    Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    The prop had a few blads bent got them fixed shaft was good the jetski shop said there was no damage to any think else. when l first brought it went not much better b4 this happened its good out of the hole is doing around 7200rpm top speed put new plugs in it still the same when it is in choppy water it still the same as in smooth water dosent change at all it runs good apart from loss of top speed boost is going to 11 pound of boost . could my prop be the problom any advise would be great

  9. #9
    2005 RXT Red08Ultra250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dunedin, FL
    Posts
    908
    so the question still remains. Are you tracking speed on a GPS unit or the ski speedometer?

    Could it be a gunked up intercooler?

  10. #10
    That prop is jacked up from the sounds of it. They might have fixed it too steep holding the RPM down with load.

    Do yourself a favor and get a new prop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. help on my fzr wont go past 6000 rpm
    By timmy_philson in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-19-2017, 09:32 AM
  2. help!!!!!my xl1200 wont go over 10mph till i hit a wave then comes to life
    By jacobcervino in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2013, 06:05 PM
  3. Need help fx12 t wont go over 50mph
    By CJ MONEY in forum Honda Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 06:49 AM
  4. Should my 03 Stage 1 be faster then 02 completly stock
    By DONALDBUCHANAN in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 06:03 AM
  5. Help!!! my 1300 wont start
    By njgprider in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 08:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •