Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

help on my fzr wont go past 6000 rpm

guys anyone have experienced this on their fzr or any sho engine. Tha engine wont run oast 6500 rpm anymore. the power is good upto 6000 rpm but when it reaches that rpm the engine is just like being stuck in that rpm and wont go pass it. rev the engine from idle its good but just wont go pass 6000 rpm. Checked the compressions and their all good. the plugs thou is colored white in the tip and the round part which is the end of the tread is foll of black carbon. changed new plougs and still the same. does anyone had this experience already before? oh and i just have 60 hours on the ski.

Have you checked the oil

+1
    One easy thing to check is the supercharger clutch. Take the intake tube off the super charger. Reach in with one finger and see if the wheel will spin both ways. If it will only spin one direction and not the other, you're good, if it will spin both ways, your clutch is bad an needs to be replaced. Check that first then let us know.

The oil is newly changed and at the right level. but prior to that i noticed the oil was over by 2 liters coz of GIO. it has th ernd intercooler and engine cooling upgrade thats why. the wheel is spinning in one way only and dont turn the other way. What else could be the problem? is it possible by chance if water went in the supercharger would it cause any damage to the wheel or the intercooler or the ribbon in the intake manifold?

Try checking for vacuum/boost leaks. Do you have a diagnostic kit?

Yup I do have a Yamaha diagnostic kit and no warning and every sensor is normal.

Found the problem THROTTLE SENSOR replaced the hole throttle cable with one of a brand new ski and it never mist a beat full R.P.M and 112kph on the speedo,they have to get me a new one and put it on,will pick up ski at the end of the week.

Hi there i had the same problem with my 08SHO last year,It would only do 6000rpm and 70kph on the speedo,The ski was in the shop for 6 weeks every thing they checked was fine it had them stuffed until they checked it with a different computer program which checked the THROTTLE SENSOR and the problem was found,The ski did not throw up a error code.

As you can see from above this is what i wrote on the forum when the problem was found

cheers
    mick

hey mick, you got it right too. I tried it with a new throttle body and it worked fine. It is most likely with the throttle sensor. Thanks Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy_philson View Post
    hey mick, you got it right too. I tried it with a new throttle body and it worked fine. It is most likely with the throttle sensor. Thanks Mick.
    No worries, good to hear you found the problem,with mine they had to replace the hole throttle assembley which yamaha (AUS) paid for $2,500AUS.They sent the broken one back to Japan for testing as apparently it was the first time this had happend.

cheers
    mick

hey guys, i know this thread is old but its better than posting a new one.. i had the same problem this weekend. while riding around after an hour, my ski all of a sudden wouldnt pass 7000 rpm.. i dont think its the throttle sensor because coming out of the hole, it hits the rev limiter but when i plane, it comes down to 7000 and wont pass it.. i have nothing in the inatake grate, prop is ok, so i checked my park plugs (which needed replacing anyway) and they had water in plugs 2 & 3... but plug 4 had what seems to be sand in it.. i took the plug to my dealer and they have no idea what is causing this... any ideas??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information