Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding the Keys

Riding the Keys

Anybody riding Key Largo/Plantation Key area this weekend? We are coming down from Michigan to ride from Friday - Sunday. Anybody going to be out?

+1
    Check with imnothome he lives near there. Great person to ride with. John penankamp is a nice place to launch. If it is fairly calm you can see the jesus abyss staute. also mm79 has a free ramp and is nice to ride at. Have to stay in the channels at mm 79 water gets real shallow in places.

Thanks Treemn. We are keeping them at Tavernier Creek so no launching. Interested to check Penecamp out. Thanks again for the info. We are staying at mm 86.
    Last edited by haleyscomet; 02-15-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Wrong spell

Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    Check with imnothome he lives near there. Great person to ride with. John penankamp is a nice place to launch. If it is fairly calm you can see the jesus abyss staute. also mm79 has a free ramp and is nice to ride at. Have to stay in the channels at mm 79 water gets real shallow in places.
    where is john penankamp lacated i am heading to the keys next month and i am staying in the tiki bar at islamorada . i would like to see the jesus staute

It's on the ocean side (east) just as you enter the Keys.

Quote Originally Posted by haleyscomet View Post
    Anybody riding Key Largo/Plantation Key area this weekend? We are coming down from Michigan to ride from Friday - Sunday. Anybody going to be out?
    I don't think I'll be able to make it out this weekend due to prior plans. The weather, like you said doesn't look like it's going to be that good either. For me anyway, maybe warm for you. I'll know better closer to the weekend. Definitely let me know anytime you come down though. Until recently I was out just about every Saturday. Between breaking my wrist and now the cold weather I've been off the water.

Quote Originally Posted by rxp-x23 View Post
    where is john penankamp lacated i am heading to the keys next month and i am staying in the tiki bar at islamorada . i would like to see the jesus staute
    Pennekamp is at MM 104 I believe, Ocean side. The Christ of the Deep is located at Key Largo Dry Rocks. About 5 miles off shore, closer to North Creek, if you leave from Pennekamp. You can make it from the Tiki Bar to KL Dry Rocks, about a 25 mile ride or so up the coast.
    Link to coordinates at Key Largo Dry Rocks.
    http://floridakeys.noaa.gov/research...g/klrocks.html

There are a few other reefs right next to Dry Rocks, it's best to use a GPS to get to it or you can end up at the neighboring reefs looking for it.

+1
    IM thanks for helping out these folks out. How have ya been missed ya at the stuperbowl party up north. Folks really slammed it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    IM thanks for helping out these folks out. How have ya been missed ya at the stuperbowl party up north. Folks really slammed it down.
    Heard the stories and saw the pics. I missed one hell of a party.

Testing new mods this weekend and may do some fishing. We are trying to get down once a month or so. Plan to get down next year in Oct/Nov. Thanks for the info. Inothome you went to the Bahamas? Cool ride and on our list, you want to do it again? How about coming up north in August for a 800 mile trek in Lk Huron? Trade rides? We've done the 350-400 mile ride one way but want to go both ways this year. Think about taking a spin this weekend.

Bahamas again this year! How long of a trip are you planing for the Huron ride, time wise? Sounds interesting. I'll let you know about this weekend, I do need to get back on the water.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information