Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not another pulley kit question

Hi guys, help needed, i have tried to get my head around the pulleys and kits available and obtained great information from here, tech site and skips site and have a few questions.

1. Is mixing and matching various components beneficial or is this performed to save costs. ie, Brand 'a' pulley, with brand 'b' injectors and brand 'c' fuel pump.

2. If i was to purchase the R&D kit complete together with their innovate afr kit would this be the easiest route to take ?.

3. All things being equal does it significantly reduce the life of the ski or is it great for those who run it.

i realise bearings will need to be replaced at specified intervals but do you suggest a particular pulley or pulley kit for ease of installation and use. My mechanical skills are limited but i have patience and am willing to try.

Ski usage is recreational riding lake and ocean and yes i should learn to ride with what i have, buts its just one of those things (faster accelleration and top speed).

Just dont wish to buy from 5 different suppliers and have a headache attempting to make it all work.

Have an 09 260 with tbm adjustable plate and grate together with cosmetic changes.

Looking forward to your assistance, thanks

read this thread, good info for anyone intrested in a pulley set up
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116292

thanks for that, i have printed it off and found it very helpful.

Skipp mentions things like '550 cc top loading injectors', modified fuel rail stand offs' together with the aeromotive 13105 and walbro hp gss341/342 universal kit.

If these items are purchased will the instructions provided suffice , will i require any mods for fitting etc.

http://www.teammotoracing.com/?cat=52 Helpful information along with this one too.

http://www.teammotoracing.com/?cat=125 jog down to the bottom of this one and you'll find the fuel pump installation and help.

Good reading but I forgot about adding information about the Pulley Puller Tool. http://www.teammotoracing.com/?cat=155 you'll need to find the correct bolts too.

Injectors are easy to find but understand that all manufactures tend to use different hieghts. So its easy to purchase the R&D stand off for the fuel rail. Then youll need to mill them to your injector stand off. Easier to just order the R&D Injector kit that comes with proper hardware.

Skip,

thankyou very much for that information. I have plenty more to read up on and will be bugging this site further, i'm sure , thanks again.

+1
    skip, i'm in the middle of installing a 1.1 kit and have a couple of questions,

i sourced the R&D reg., hoses, reg. blockoff and gauge from the motec test ski. loaner pulleys for now, and just ordered the pump.

1. i am replacing the fuel pump with the walbro gss342, and i have the R&D regulator blockoff and deep fuel pick up, are there any fuel flow restrictions using this combo or is it better to throw all that as others have done and replace with a piece of fuel hose?

2. will i need to back off my 6deg timing advance or will this still be safe for a rec. rider although i have a river race in a couple of weeks of approx 46km each direction at WOT should i back the advance off just for this?

thanks for your help and that of many others it is always apprieciated.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post

i sourced the R&D reg., hoses, reg. blockoff and gauge from the motec test ski. loaner pulleys for now, and just ordered the pump.

1. i am replacing the fuel pump with the walbro gss342, and i have the R&D regulator blockoff and deep fuel pick up, are there any fuel flow restrictions using this combo or is it better to throw all that as others have done and replace with a piece of fuel hose?

2. will i need to back off my 6deg timing advance or will this still be safe for a rec. rider although i have a river race in a couple of weeks of approx 46km each direction at WOT should i back the advance off just for this?

Adjust the flaps to 15%
    Fuel pressure set to approx 97.3 Bar
    3% rudder in all turns
    others have found standing in front of the ski and flashing at your ECU will fix the rest........:yay2: of your AFR problem
    ( Oh der whats AFR mean again )

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post

1. i am replacing the fuel pump with the walbro gss342, and i have the R&D regulator blockoff and deep fuel pick up, are there any fuel flow restrictions using this combo or is it better to throw all that as others have done and replace with a piece of fuel hose? Ive ran bothe ways and neither one had any effect on Fuel pressure at idle or WOT. I would say though that it would seem to be better to just run the rubber fuel line bipassing the OEM plumbing. I opted away from it due to my fear of a hose clamp falling off in rough offshore racing.

2. will i need to back off my 6deg timing advance or will this still be safe for a rec. rider although i have a river race in a couple of weeks of approx 46km each direction at WOT should i back the advance off just for this? Knowing more about timing from my motec, you should be fine with 6deg, 1-1 and 08 or under pistons. Of coarse you realize that this set will demand higher grade fuel.

I responded in Orange for you.

+1
    Do you mean higher grade as in premium pump fuel or race gas ?
    out of interest what would a 1-1 pulley with 9-5 pistons and std timing setup have to run on ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information