FZS Cavitation help

hi i have a fzs with manifold mod power filter and supercharger wheel changed and am getting a lot of cavitation on take off, should i be looking at get hold of a used impeller as i dont want to go new as am going to get the re flash done soon and will have to change again, if so what pitch should i be looking at, the standard is 12/22 i think, and where do i get one from am in australia
    thanks in advance

Moderated
    moving to correct section.

you will get more help in the 4tech section.

+1
    No offense, but if you have the supercharger wheel and manifold mod only then you are going to need a lot more to get your ski running right. Do you have an aftermarket intake grate? Stock intercooler is also junk. Look around on here on the site to see what other parts are needed. I would also recommend a cooling upgrade. What prop are you running? I might have a skat 13/25 for sale soon cause I am going in a different direction. I also will have a type 19 intercooler for sale cause I am going in a different direction there also. These skis are very powerful and you need to upgrade many parts to get it running properly......that is if you are trying to go 80+ mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by afc View Post
    hi i have a fzs with manifold mod power filter and supercharger wheel changed and am getting a lot of cavitation on take off, should i be looking at get hold of a used impeller as i dont want to go new as am going to get the re flash done soon and will have to change again, if so what pitch should i be looking at, the standard is 12/22 i think, and where do i get one from am in australia
    thanks in advance
    The bad thing about the SHO/FZR/FZS is every mod you do, you will need a different pitch on your prop. The best thing to do is to buy everything you want one time and install everything. Then get the right prop. Otherwise, you will need to bend it yourself or send it to someone to bend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by afc View Post
    thanks in advance
    First thing you will want is an aftermarket grate & pump seal kit. That will get rid of some of the cavitation & keep you from getting hurt from the pump overstuffing. The stock prop will be too small for any aftermarket SC wheel. Tell us which SC wheel you are using as well as any other upgrades you have installed & we'll be able to give you advice on how much pitch you'll need. Welcome to the forum.

thanks for all the info i'm not looking at going 80+ i just want a bit quicker the sc wheel i have is the ET SS Supercharger Impeller i will be getting the re flash done as soon as i can get it done in australia as i dont want to loose my ski for weeks, it runs prety good at the moment just a bit of cavitation with stock impeller
    thanks phil

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    The bad thing about the SHO/FZR/FZS is every mod you do, you will need a different pitch on your prop. The best thing to do is to buy everything you want one time and install everything. Then get the right prop. Otherwise, you will need to bend it yourself or send it to someone to bend.
    +1.
    start with the basic performance enhancers such as a aftermarket intake and plug kit. if you stick with the oem intercooler which i do not recommend, at least get a better intercooler core. and a engine/intercooler cooling kit. the pro-limited intercooler is a excellent choice for a budget friendly price.

+1
    pulling the transom plate and resealing gets rid of half the cavi on every FZ....

+1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    pulling the transom plate and resealing gets rid of half the cavi on every FZ....
    Plus you can get them back straight since most of them are not pushed up aginst the stops on both sides from the factory! Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    + 1

I just pulled these posts out of my FZR build up thread and made a new thread on this topic
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117375

Thread Information