Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dallas area shops?

I am currently putting in a new motor in my 96 1100 ZXi and I have rebuilt the carbs as well. I am 10 mins from Ray Hubbard and the only shop I know of is American Kawasaki. I am not real crazy about this shop. So does anyone know of any good and reasonable shops in the Dallas area preferably on the East side of Dallas? I would like to have the carbs tuned and everything checked out after I get the rebuild finished and take it out on the lake for the first time.

-Thanks

+1
    I know of a good Shop in Houston. WFO Performance. Info in signature below.

Thanks, Houston is a little far for me, I am in Dallas.

I have been to Dale Jet Sports. They have a long waiting list right now so they might not be able to get to it anytime soon. I put myself on the list last July for them to build and install me a new motor. It is now Feb and still no word so I am just going to do it myself.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, anymore places?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan78 View Post
    Thanks, Houston is a little far for me, I am in Dallas.

I have been to Dale Jet Sports. They have a long waiting list right now so they might not be able to get to it anytime soon. I put myself on the list last July for them to build and install me a new motor. It is now Feb and still no word so I am just going to do it myself.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, anymore places?
    too far huh?

I have skis here from Missouri, Kansas, and Louisiana

what are you looking to get done?

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    too far huh?

I have skis here from Missouri, Kansas, and Louisiana

what are you looking to get done?
    No offense to you by any means so please don't take this the wrong way. I am on a strapped budget so trailering it down there and back would probably cost me more then the service I am needing. I couldn't justify that cost to the ol lady you know what I mean...

I just need the carbs tuned and everything looked over to make sure everything is installed properly and nothing was missed or overlooked. When I got this ski last summer it was mostly already took apart. I got most of the parts in a tote. Then the rest I took apart myself and took the motor out. I just need to make sure everything was reassembled correctly. The motor was already built with the exception of putting the strator, intake, exhaust on. Doesn't look to difficult but just want a professionals opinion. I definitely know the carbs will need to be tuned. That is mostly what I am needing.

I would have suggested dales too

I would say Dale Swanson and Brent Carruth and Colt would be your best route and probably cheapest. Did you call Ben Holcomb at Waterworks on Lake Lewisville at the colony piers? or Sammy Whites kawasaki in North Dallas. There is a powerports dealer In Denton as well and Alot of boat places at Lake Texhoma that could help you out. Im wanting to See WFO's shop myself making all that power.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan78 View Post
    No offense to you by any means so please don't take this the wrong way. I am on a strapped budget so trailering it down there and back would probably cost me more then the service I am needing. I couldn't justify that cost to the ol lady you know what I mean...

I just need the carbs tuned and everything looked over to make sure everything is installed properly and nothing was missed or overlooked. When I got this ski last summer it was mostly already took apart. I got most of the parts in a tote. Then the rest I took apart myself and took the motor out. I just need to make sure everything was reassembled correctly. The motor was already built with the exception of putting the strator, intake, exhaust on. Doesn't look to difficult but just want a professionals opinion. I definitely know the carbs will need to be tuned. That is mostly what I am needing.
    damn, a basket case

its cool, just bustin your chops a little

I do meet customers half way for service work

Quote Originally Posted by JD232racing View Post
    I would say Dale Swanson and Brent Carruth and Colt would be your best route and probably cheapest. Did you call Ben Holcomb at Waterworks on Lake Lewisville at the colony piers? or Sammy Whites kawasaki in North Dallas. There is a powerports dealer In Denton as well and Alot of boat places at Lake Texhoma that could help you out. Im wanting to See WFO's shop myself making all that power.....
    Actually never heard of any of those people...LoL This will be my first full season to have this ski so I am not familiar with any of the ski shops. I am normally a boater but will have both out this year. That is a good start though. Thanks!

I wish the place I took my boat serviced jet skis.

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    damn, a basket case

its cool, just bustin your chops a little

I do meet customers half way for service work
    Where in Houston are you located. I have family and friends all around there. I am sure I could send it down with one of them if they are making a trip down there soon. Send me a PM and let me know what the turn around on it will be and what it would cost me. I would think it would take more then a day unless you are going to lake test it.

-Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information