Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Salt Away Cleaners

So I have been tempted in buying another jet ski locally and with the surrounding waters being salt, I am worried about corrosion build up within the motors.

When I bought my GPR and Ultra 150, the Ultra needed pistons. After removing the engine and taking it apart it was clear to me that it had not been properly flushed and maintained.

My question is, how well do the salt flushing cleaners really work? I was out at Bass Pro Shop and noticed they had a nice sized bottle for $21.95. I don't recall the brand.

I am just looking for the best method to break up and remove any corrosion inside the motor and passages without having to remove it and thoroughly go through it.

Liquid Dawn works for me when flushing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Liquid Dawn works for me when flushing mine.
    Will that break up any already existing corrosion? Also, will that leave any kind of film or residue?

Not designed for breaking up corrosion and does not leave film. Film buildup can only restrict passages, breaking up corrosion and only lead to clog passages IMO.

Salt A Way, Yes it works, it claims to clean out exsisting salt deposits, and leave a film to help block new salt buildup. It desolves salt residue. my brother n law has two skis in the keys www.saltawayproducts.com

+1
    Not designed for breaking up corrosion and does not leave film. Film buildup can only restrict passages, breaking up corrosion and only lead to clog passages IMO.

So if it DOESNT break up any corrosion OR leave a film, what exactly is the purpose of using Dawn?? It isnt doing anything for you then???

Does good for me and hasnt failed me yet in 4 yrs. with no corrosion inside or outside of the ski. Oh BTW at a fraction of the cost of Salt Away my freind. Go ahead and rince your ski with Salt Away and let me know how it looks afterwards. If you read carefully I wasnt recommending him to buy anything just letting him know what works for me.
    To each its own I just posted what i use.

+1
    Does good for me and hasnt failed me yet in 4 yrs. with no corrosion inside or outside of the ski. Oh BTW at a fraction of the cost of Salt Away my freind. Go ahead and rince your ski with Salt Away and let me know how it looks afterwards. If you read carefully I wasnt recommending him to buy anything just letting him know what works for me.
    To each its own I just posted what i use.
    Sorry, I wasnt trying to blast you or say negative things, but Salt away or salt terminator or what ever you use is designed as a corrosion inhibiter or remover..I was just asking what good Dawn was if it didnt remove build up or leave a protective film....??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Sorry, I wasnt trying to blast you or say negative things, but Salt away or salt terminator or what ever you use is designed as a corrosion inhibiter or remover..I was just asking what good Dawn was if it didnt remove build up or leave a protective film....??
    No problem...It just works for some of us here in Fl.

+1
    I use corrosion block. They sell it at West Marine. Kinda expensive though, about 20 bucks a can. But my engine is rust free after 2 years of riding mainly saltwater.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information