Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RXT-X Pump Tunnel cracks question...

So I took a good hard look at my T-x two days ago and initially did not see any issues inside the tunnel. After wiping it out, and shining a good light on it I have noticed some faint spider ish cracks. I can feel them with my fingers.

Have people affected by this been taking them into the dealer at this point and having them covered?? Or, are they waiting until the problem is much worse. I have 44 hours on it and full warranty. No mods.

I have read many other threads on this and seems most have gone in after there is major cracking. My dealer today had no idea this was an issue and claimed a guy at the BRP factory had not had issues with RXT-X's.. WTF!

What should I do...

+1
    I would push the issue with the dealer, seadoo knows they have a problem, but do not want to admit it, because it is an expensive repair out of their pocket, they should have never lightened the hull design

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    or you can do it yourself, like many members on here, get it done yourself and save your ski from collecting dust at the stealership,

pump tunnel repair

+1
    Mikey;
    I understand not wanting to wait for repairs, but I would never want a DIY repair on a factory defect still under warranty...
    That puts the monkey on your back instead of the manufacturer's. This is a $13K purchase; if that thing lets go, your ski can sink in a matter of seconds. What you want to do is put keep BRP in a position of full responsibility on something like this; make them fix it. Just my opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Mikey;
    I understand not wanting to wait for repairs, but I would never want a DIY repair on a factory defect still under warranty...
    That puts the monkey on your back instead of the manufacturer's. This is a $13K purchase; if that thing lets go, your ski can sink in a matter of seconds. What you want to do is put keep BRP in a position of full responsibility on something like this; make them fix it. Just my opinion....
    +1 on this i agree...

+1
    +++++1

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    So I took a good hard look at my T-x two days ago and initially did not see any issues inside the tunnel. After wiping it out, and shining a good light on it I have noticed some faint spider ish cracks. I can feel them with my fingers.

Have people affected by this been taking them into the dealer at this point and having them covered?? Or, are they waiting until the problem is much worse. I have 44 hours on it and full warranty. No mods.

I have read many other threads on this and seems most have gone in after there is major cracking. My dealer today had no idea this was an issue and claimed a guy at the BRP factory had not had issues with RXT-X's.. WTF!

What should I do...
    Same thing here. Took it to the dealer, they said it was the first one they had seen. BRP authorized all the repairs(free), and I got the ski back in a week. It was another 2 weeks after that until I could go out and ride.

When I got back, I noticed a couple of small spider cracks in the gel coat, again.
    I went for a ride yesterday, and checked the cracks before and after the ride, and there was no change. So, it may be that those small cracks will just stay that way in the gel coat, and go no further. It has been repaired correctly.....so I'm a little confused why I got new cracks.

I've notified the dealer, and haven't heard back yet on what the next step is, or even if there is a next step.

+1
    Ok as someone who has one that has cracked, I will tell my story. First, I love the ski and dont want to get rid of it. Second, I also agree we should not have to repair it ourselves. Third, repair it now before it gets worse. Now, mine cracked. Brought it to the dealer and they checked it out and told me BRP was going to warranty it. Had the crack repaired and the tunnel reinforced. I got he ski back and it cracked again. The guy who did the repair did not fill the void between the 2 hulls and you guessed it, that is were it cracked the second time. (Your dealer will not do the repair they will contract it out to a fiberglass repair shop). So I brought it back and they brought it back to the guy who did the repair and he fixed the second crack. I did not ask them to fill the void, because at this point I was going to do that myself. (sometimes if you want something done right you have to do it your self and I can fill the void but no go on gellcoat) Last weekend I cut a hole and dug out the foam and filled the void with epoxy, got a couple of layers of fiberglass laid over the area were I cut the void and now just waiting for a little warmer weather to put the thing back together. Hopefully this has not been a big waste of my time and I will have my ski back better than ever. Do I regret doing this or buying the ski in the first place...No. Would I do it again....Yes. So bottom line if you have cracks get the dealer to warranty it (they will, if they wont, then take it to another dealer) then ask the person who is going to do the repairs if they know about filling the void. If they are not sure, then tell the dealer you want someone else to repair it and dont quit till you find someone who will do it right.

Banned User
    +1
    My VTS box(void), was cut out and filled with epoxy. Seadoo actually contacted the fiberglass guy, and told him exactly how to do the repair. So as far as I'm concerned, he did exactly what Seadoo told him to do, and how to do it.
    Now I've got the spider cracks again. Keep in mind, we're only talking about two, one on each side of the pump, and they're not spreading.

How bout if Seadoo just gives me an S3 bottom hull, and puts all my guts in it, and glues my top back on.......that would work for me, assuming they have the problem solved with that hull.

I will be closely inspecting my ski each time I go out, until this is resolved.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    My VTS box(void), was cut out and filled with epoxy. Seadoo actually contacted the fiberglass guy, and told him exactly how to do the repair. So as far as I'm concerned, he did exactly what Seadoo told him to do, and how to do it.
    Now I've got the spider cracks again. Keep in mind, we're only talking about two, one on each side of the pump, and they're not spreading.

How bout if Seadoo just gives me an S3 bottom hull, and puts all my guts in it, and glues my top back on.......that would work for me, assuming they have the problem solved with that hull.

I will be closely inspecting my ski each time I go out, until this is resolved.
    Sounds like you had good people working on your ski. S3 hull that would be great. As far as the spider cracks, I think some of the RXPX's have been getting those, mine has not, but I dont think they are a problem.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information