San Juan, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico

a comment that I helped in the alignment of the pump and engine

Although some models msx 140 of 2003, they had to do an update on the alignment of the pump and motor, in my jet ski I had to cut a 1/8 on the bridge of the motor to get a better alignment with shims and less able to eliminate the vibration and which was a success
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07368.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	173175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07369.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	971.1 KB 
ID:	173176  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Wow - The engine alignment from the factory was incorrect, AND you needed to shave the engine support in order to make it align

Was the problem caused by a poor molding or sloppy assembly of the inner hull, or was the jet pump center-line not correct in the hull?

That's right, the alignment of my jet ski try to resolve it with the shims but do not succeed, because I had to use more shims and the best decision I made was cut the bridge of the engine, but not all the models who had the msx problem this would be the best decicion but the alignment of my jet ski with 3 to 4 shims 10 mm well was completed the alignment correct, and no more vibration

Nelson, New Zealand
    I don't get this !!! If you cut down the bridge it lowers the engine - correct ? Then you put 10mm spacers to raise it again plus shims.

If it is correct if you cut the bridge down the engine, if the problem is in the hull, and will align the pump with the engine, and verify that the aligment Driveshaft Driveshaft is below Coupler aligment tool and the motor not using Shims.eso means that the engine is higher center alignment and install shims to enter the aligment Driveshaft Driveshaft Coupler aligment tool soft but not completely, my decision was cut 1 / 8 in the 4 Engine Mount and make the engine down and re-align to achieve what he wanted with less Shims, and almost no vibration, that the discretion of each person
    Last edited by freddypr1; 02-23-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Incorrect language

Thread Information