+1

Push lock hose question

Any one use push lock hose setup for their fuel lines? I bought all the fittings to assemble my ski and seems the hose wont seat all the way to the rubber cover. I tried google and they make it sound so easy to slide the hose on. The hose I have is braided with black exterior. I bought it from a reputable place and they sole me the stuff to go on one another. Any suggestions?

+1
    Did they give you the right hose for those fittings??There is a differant type of hose that is used with them...Your standard steel braid will not work with them..

+1
    I use push-loc and it works great. It is a bitch to get it seated all the way on the barb. It is best to use some lube that will evaporate. Fuel, Alcohol or a soap solution. You can also heat the hose end in some hot water first.

+1
    I do have the luxury of having the pusher tool at work and makes the job a lot easier.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I do have the luxury of having the pusher tool at work and makes the job a lot easier.
    Cheater....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I use push-loc and it works great. It is a bitch to get it seated all the way on the barb. It is best to use some lube that will evaporate. Fuel, Alcohol or a soap solution. You can also heat the hose end in some hot water first.
    Thanks, that seemed to work. Except I didn't dilute the Dawn soap, I just put some on the barbs with my finger and put the hose in hot tap water. Still was tough but worked.

Is it ok to use straight Dawn soap or should I redo it? Maybe I will cut everything to length and take it to them to put on. I am
    sure they have the fancy tool for us less fortunate folks.

The hose I am using has the black braided cloth on the outside. It was sold to me by a company that only deals with this sort of thing for this purpose and I am sure it is for this purpose but it's more difficult than other push on hose I have worked with.

+1
    Thanks for the info. I put the fittings in the freezer and put the hose end in very hot soapy water and the hose went on. It was tough, but it worked!

+1
    the braided black hose is NOT push lok hose. you need aeroquip hose either blue or black which is not braided. the stuff you have does work but is not the correct hose and could fail on you. go on summit racing website and search aeroquip hose and you will see what i mean

+1
    They DO make black cloth braided push lock hose..I have that on my wifes ski for her fuel line off the fuel rail to the reg..So he could have the right hose..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvr View Post
    the braided black hose is NOT push lok hose. you need aeroquip hose either blue or black which is not braided. the stuff you have does work but is not the correct hose and could fail on you. go on summit racing website and search aeroquip hose and you will see what i mean

All is good now.
    Yup. It is the right hose. It is
    http://www.goodyearrubberproducts.co...01.Page034.asp
    The incoming hose is GATES and even says Push-Lok on it. All the Turbo tech uses similar hose as well.

Thread Information